Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

big shoes for big feet????

• 21-11-2006 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hey persons of the ireland...

i have big feet size 13 or a wide 12 and i find it very hard to find nice shoes... no bother gettin runners but casual goin out shoes are a pain in the hole trying to find....

does anyone know of any shops around dublin that cater for the large hooved gentleman???

thanks a thousand

den:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

My brother is a 13 as well and i know he got fancy shoes in clarks. I'm not sure about nice casual shoes but clarks might have some. Worth a shot. Theres also another place in town, i'll ask him in the morning and edit it in later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭afatbollix

dubarry and wangler do alot of there shoes in them sizes.... go into a family run sort of shoe shop... they usally get in all sizes... and sometime order shoes in... when i worked in a shoe shop.. if someone asked for a size 13 or 14 or 15 id just bring all the shoes we had in that size....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Heathers on the Quays down near the Four Courts do large shoes, I'm not sure how nice they are, but it's worth a shot! They do Dubarry and things too. Best of luch, I have marginally large feet, and everything nice seems to be narrow or stop at an 8, so I sympathise. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Im a large 12 as well and its a real pain in the arse buying shoes.

I generally use clarkes on grafton street, but I just ask them right, what have you got in a 12 and then pick something.

What really winds me up is when shop assitants come back and say, we have it in a 10 will that do? ehhh no! >(

Cripps in Terenure also sell shoes for the larger man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dennymac

hey guys. was in drogheda and found a great spot. its called paddy dwyer shoes on shop street. near the scotch hall shopping cenbtre. he has a great selection of new cool shoes for big feet. its feckin deadly. and the fella that works there is dead on an very heplful. well worth a look if you want somethin in particuilar... and he very cheaply priced too for proper make shoes. highly recomended... and only 20 mins from dublin... handy as a ham sandwich:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ClockWorkOrange

Spray paint your runners man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Arnotts have a large size shoe section, mostly clarks and dubarry.

Advertisement