Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters

• 21-11-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

their new live album[first ever live album],''Skin and Bones'' was out yesterday.I got it today and it was fantasic,with my hero being a personal favourite.
    has anyone else gotten it?what did you think?

also,i heard on kerrang! radio and rte 2fm that will will have a greatest hits album out at the end of the year,is it true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

nothing on wikipedia about greatest hits album........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I saw them live in the sfx about 11 years ago, basically back when they were good. Theyve been going downhill since the second album, i wouldnt have uch interest in this really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Got it the other day aswell, not a bad album.
    Everlong is the stand out track for me, I agree though they are slowly going down hill , the older albums are class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

yea, I got it about a month ago.. I meant to make a thread about it.

I think iit's a great album. I agree also about the downhill bit but because this album has a lot of old stuff on it, it's amazing imo. I love big me and walking after oyu and february stars... and lots of stuff. I'm gonna go and get the dvd today if i can find i tin little old Dundalk. It has some extra tracks on it like "Ain't It The Life" which i love.

Skin and Bones gets 2 thumbs up form me

yea, I got it about a month ago.. I meant to make a thread about it.

I think iit's a great album. I agree also about the downhill bit but because this album has a lot of old stuff on it, it's amazing imo. I love big me and walking after oyu and february stars... and lots of stuff. I'm gonna go and get the dvd today if i can find i tin little old Dundalk. It has some extra tracks on it like "Ain't It The Life" which i love.

Skin and Bones gets 2 thumbs up form me

Oooh, and most importantly... this album sees the return of PAT SMEAR the greatest FooFighter ever. that guy is the man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Was a massive fan of the foo fighters back when i was 15/16. Just after they released There is Nothing Left to Lose. Since then my interest in the has wained, especially in the past 3 years or so. Half due to the fact I got older and I think they're a bit of a 16 year olds band, and their last 2 albums haven't been up to much.

Don't think I'll bother with this, I have the last DVD they brought out. In fact I'm on it. If you access the hidden content you'll get about 8 songs from their set in some Dublin venue I can't mention in 2002 I think. There's about 3 close ups of me in the crowd generally shouting and worshipping Dave Grohl.

???? how do you access this bonus footage?? and is it The Everywhere But Home DVD?

Ok, i got the skin and bones DVD today and it's great. there's some pretty funny mid/between song banther and a bit before "friend of a friend" where dave tells the story of meeting and joining Nirvana that's really cool. haven't seen it all yet but it's worth picking up. also, disc 2 is their hyde park gig with songs featuring Lemmy (shake your blood) and Brian May (tie your mother down) - with taylor on vocals. I haven't watched it but i heard the audio from it ages ago. good

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Is this the one with Marigold on it?

yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think the Foo Fighters are a bit under-rated.

I might find them to be a bit too middle of the road and lacking a bit in the innovativenesss department but they are damn good rock band. If you want some good run of the mill rock tunes, and some nice ballads, then they fit the bill nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

^ i find them to be very OVER-rated, tho i guess it depends on who you talk to

seanironmaiden-do you go to the marist?in 5th yr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 grunger1994

ok foo fighters are a good band.at there best when they released 'colour and shape' and sorry to say i agree they are going down-hill.they're best song by far is everlong.its a great song especially the acoustic version.

seanironmaiden-do you go to the marist?in 5th yr?

Yea, I went to The Marist but I did my Leavin' about 4 or 5 years ago...
    But yea, Foo Fighters etc...

Who're you might I ask?

lol i know someone in marist[im on 3rd yr]called sean so tuagh it was you.........bit of a wild chance though!

Advertisement