Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing slave hdd

Options
  • 22-11-2006 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

so ive got a hitachi 320GB drive which im struggling to install.

i have set it to be the slave, connected the ide in the right place and added the power cable.

but i keep getting an error at start up something about a boot disc error and to insert the system cd

any ideas???

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Your system is trying to boot off the blank drive. Reboot the PC and go into the BIOS (normally by pressing F2 or DEL - there should be a message on screen indicating what button to press), and change the hard disk boot priority so that your old hard disk is the one that the system tries to boot from first. Save settings (f10 normally) and reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭easy_as_easy

problem is though when the pc starts it goes straight to info about my graphics card then to the xp loading screen.

i dont get a chance to go into bios.

any way of changing boot up order in xp? or can i use a boot disc?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭easy_as_easy

soooo simple!!!

me fecking keyboard is bluetooth. bluetooth no no booty before hhd so me had to plug in ye olde keyboard then tap tap del and BOOM! bios!

thanks me.

Advertisement