Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor & the k800i

• 22-11-2006 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭

I'm fairly determined to remain a Meteor customer, simply because i save a fortune on text messaging, certainly not for their array of, shall we say mediocre phones. But I really want the Sony Ericsson k800i with the 3.2 mPixel camera. can anybody tell me if meteor have plans to introduce this to thei range?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not unless they get a 3g licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ah, of course.... I guess that's why thier phones are a step and a half behind?

yup.

there's no doubt the phone will work on their network (if bought sim-free), just don't be expecting 3G features to be enabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Little expensive sim-free, but we'll see what Santa brings - cheers for that!

it's a great phone i have it myself on vodafone, only kind of hassle with it is the lens cover is ergonomically poor. it makes the phone really bulky and the slider was chosen over a simple mechanism like on the w800i just to tie into the new sony cybershot range digital cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

The handset works fine on Meteor. You can probbaly get a good price on Ebay about now. It's been out since July so you're only looking at approx €300.

If you do decide to get it, just make sure it's not rom Vodafone or 3 as their handsets are branded on the outside as well as in the s/w. O2's are not so they'd be the best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

The k790i is the non-3G version of the k800i, maybe Meteor will stock that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

After having a w800i for the last year I'd rather a slightly more bulky slider on the camera. Every time I touch the bloody phone the camera turns on. Every time it goes in or out of my pocket the camera turns on. If I breathe on it, yes, the camera turns on. Kills the battery life.

I'd be all in favor of a less sensitive slider that required more brawn to open than the current w800i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Whether a phone is 3G or not does not affect Meteor getting it. They've had the N91 and are getting the N72. Both of those are 3G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,373 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

The battery life of the k800 is much better with 3g turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

the n91 isnt 3g afair

im using a k800 on meteor, bought sim free, can't use video calling (but sure why would i want to) and just connecting over regular gprs speeds for interenet, apart from that every thing is as it should be and i love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The N91 is 3G. Definitely. I had one and there was a setting for 3G and GSM or just GSM

Advertisement