Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2.ie is currently being upgraded! ARGH!

• 22-11-2006 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

"o2.ie is currently being upgraded
    The new improved site will be available today from 4pm. Unfortunately until then, you will be unable to send web text, access o2.ie email or any other of our online services."

Is it just me or does everyone get a lot of the above when they try to log onto 02 so they can use webtext?

This has been going on for the last 3 weeks or so. I want to know that I am not the only person experiencing this problem, before reporting in to them.

I have a conspiracy theory: they are doing this on purpose so everyone uses more texts from the phone so they can make more money! Any inputs??? Am I just paranoid or have I mastered the art of moneymaking??

Thank you,:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shifted to Mobiles.
    When is that bloody website NOT being upgraded, load of tosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

In IRL wrote:
    "o2.ie is currently being upgraded
    The new improved site will be available today from 4pm. Unfortunately until then, you will be unable to send web text, access o2.ie email or any other of our online services."

Is it just me or does everyone get a lot of the above when they try to log onto 02 so they can use webtext?

This has been going on for the last 3 weeks or so. I want to know that I am not the only person experiencing this problem, before reporting in to them.

I have a conspiracy theory: they are doing this on purpose so everyone uses more texts from the phone so they can make more money! Any inputs??? Am I just paranoid or have I mastered the art of moneymaking??

Thank you,:cool:

You are definitely not alone in that conspiracy theory, I'm completely with you. And the site has been dodgy for months, if not a year or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Yes, you are not the only one. It's the slowest ever to login, should be called slo2 not o2. the pages take ages to load, sometimes on clicking on web text i get an error message about an upstream server. Sometimes you think it might be your web connection but other sites load quickly so it ain't that. It used to be a lot faster.... Things were better in the older days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

I've just been on O2 site and again last night as well :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

It is a disgrace, I think I will go switch back to Meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It is a disgrace, I think I will go switch back to Meteor.
    It is terrible alright. They should just clear the whole site software/db, get another company to create a scratch with new servers. How many times have they attempted to fix the problem - every month or so and each time the site seems to be getting worse and worse. joke tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It seems to me that their whole "upgrade" only succeeded in blocking MT/AFT :(

Site seems to be speeding along one minute and dying a horrible painful death the next :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah this was what i was thinking as well. Kind of cool in one way but not in another. Don't worry though we'll get o2 for mt/aft working properly and soon again

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dymonaz

My guess is that the network admin / web developer / cto maybe? is just a son of a VIP and that's it. "yeah sure, anybody can do this job - my son is good with computers, lets hire him".

the funny thing is that i'm using the website for a year, and only now i got pissed off enough to google (!) what has been said about it :)

oh. and it doesn't work in opera. ghrrr @ o2. anyways. they should hire me =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i've found a little work around for texting in opera. i've bookmarked the page http://www.o2online.ie/NASApp/TM/O2/send.jsp and when i log in and get the error message, i just click the bookmark again which takes me to the web text page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I hope they get rid of all those annoying Flash ads.

Advertisement