Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

air-con drainage wetting footwell (fiesta 99-02)

Options
  • 22-11-2006 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Ok so I may have to book the car in to the garage as air-con is wetting the passenger footwell.
    (I've rubber mats so no damage to carpet but it still smells unpleasent :D)
    Got it looked at by mechanic last week and it's def. not the pollen filter (and no sunroof, so not that either!) he said it was the drainage for the air conditioning unit was clogged.

My question is how easy is it to unclog the drainways myself or is it worth taking to the garage? how would someone go about clearing them out - tried googling but the only thing useful was to come up was unclogging the ac in a scorpio (I can assure you my engine is NOT 24v or a V6! - judging by the acceleration anyways!)

Is it a big job? also I am having no luck finding a haynes manual for my car :rolleyes: which would be nice, going to try the new halfords here in cork when I get round to it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

It's quiet easy, look on the firewall for a tube leading down to nowhere, just a drain.
    Then remove it as it enters the firewall and poke a bottle brush in the hole and clean out whatever gunk has accumulated. Clean out the tube that you removed also. That's it.
    It is in the engine side ofhte heater/fan area, wherever that may be in your car.

Also, wet footwells is also caused by blocked drains from the air intake plenum, which is where the fresh enters the car. usually at teh bottom of the windscreen. This area has draisn that plug with leaves, etc even faster than the AC drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

They should have the Haynes manual in Halfords - did in Limerick anyway. It's no. 3397.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

Amurphy; Cheers for the advice - I'm going to take a look at that tomorrow -> weather isn't too great for me to go at the car today. Sounds like it could be easy enough.

Zilog I got the manual in Halfords, same no. :) The guy I spoke to was really helpful - bought some wiper blades when I was in there too. The place has everything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I was quite disappointed with the wiper blades at Halfords: I thought I was getting 4 blades for €11, but on closer inspection it was only two with pairs of both 6mm and 8mm fittings - of course I only noticed this after taking them home! Compare this to €4 for a pair at some motor factor in town, which fit better (Halfords ones were very loose in comparison) and without the excess waste of 8mm yokes I don't need.

Advertisement