Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused (as usual)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

The weird curved 1 is for a much worse gun which is an EBB or electric blowback type which would be powered by regular batterys and is fairly worthless. The glock you were talking about is a AEP or automatic electric pistol which had a special battery and charger and so is more powerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Thanks
    For a moment, I thought that the gun I bought:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=5320

would not be compatible with the extra mags I bought!:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductrelative.asp?prodid=5321

That site is not very good with stats/figures/descriptions etc.

Ya got the right one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

No actually the site is very good, the key is knowing something about what your buying. Dont knock UNCompany.

UNCompany is fine, I'd just prefer a better description of their products. Kinda makes sense from a business point of view anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Before you buy a gun, research the hell out of it. That's what i do :) Good way of making sure you're not buying crap.

oh and for the love of god, whatever you do, stay the hell away from a EBB powered by standard batteries.

nice Glock by the way! US$ 122.00?? christ. Wolf are charging 100 pounds. gotta grab myself one of them.

Dont buy an electric pistol of any kind. They're all crap regardless of brand and fire at around 200fps.

Master of the Universe

that TM glock with the battery fires faster then all those crappy EBB. Faster then 200fps. 230 i think. i'll have to double check that though. have you tried firing a GBB in this weather? my Mac will barely get one mag out with this cold. sometimes it doesnt even work at all. some form of electric side arm would be nice for such a situation. i think that glock is the answer.

With a TM DEagle you can fire at around 330fps on green Iv been told on ASI. They chrono'd it and it was between 300 and 330fps! You can keep your electrics thanks, Ill be sticking with the gas.

Master of the Universe

that TM glock with the battery fires faster then all those crappy EBB. Faster then 200fps. 230 i think. i'll have to double check that though. have you tried firing a GBB in this weather? my Mac will barely get one mag out with this cold. sometimes it doesnt even work at all. some form of electric side arm would be nice for such a situation. i think that glock is the answer.

read my message again. with help from Mr. Bold.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I'd avoid TM gas blow backs too. Unless you *really* want a Deagle, go with KSC or Western Arms or Tanaka or some of the other many much better gas gun makers.

Green is a winter gas, they used it in the winter time.

Master of the Universe

okay *deep breath* one more time. with Mr Bold AND Mr underline.

i use green with my mac. it doesnt work a lot of the time. gas guns are totally unreliable in the cold. just google it and you'll see.

actually here you go from airsoftgunhelp.com

gas airsoft guns have a few downsides. They average about $100, some more, some less. Gas airsoft guns usually don't work well in cold weather

and AEP, one which is rechargeable and has a good life isnt going to malfunction in the cold. you're only going to be using it in close distance anyway seeing as its a secondary. voiding the need for 330fps

No what Im saying is they chrono'd this gun in the cold at between 300-330fps with green. Your MAC example aside for a minute, this particular gun is what Im talking about. Ill put it this way. A AEP fires at roughly that same velocity as a €20 springer...only upside is you dont have to cock it each time you wanna use it.

But for the sake of fairness Ill throw in a random fact. If a piece of electronics is kept dry in the cold it functions at its very best.

Master of the Universe

i'm not talking about any crappy AEP. i'm talking about the TM glock 18c. It fires faster then your standard crappy one. still nowhere near as fast as a GBB, probably about 100fps slower.

they may have chrono'd this gun in the cold at between 300-330fps with green but that doesnt mean its reliable in the cold. It may well still crap out on you. Plus this kind of weather can damage the gun too. the O rings can freeze.

i'm not saying this form of AEP should replace GBBs. thats ridiculous. What i mean is it might be a nice alternative for the cold. Plus it also makes a nice gun to shoot inside. not gonna break any windows :)

Yeah, AEGS are not for inside use either...even if you THINK they're empty.

I was just trying to guide this new guy to the way of the tasty GBB. I mean the slide recoils back!! Come on, we buy for the fun,performance and also the realism of our guns.

Master of the Universe

yeah, there's a crack in my kitchen window. I'm pretty sure an AEG couldnt crack a window but my mother insists it could :D

I know GBBs are great

I was just correcting this comment

Dont buy an electric pistol of any kind. They're all crap regardless of brand and fire at around 200fps.

at it was false. The only electric pistol in the world that happens to make that statement false is the one he purchased ;)

anyway, enough of this, its 2:23am and i have college tomorrow!

Me too.

oisin have a look at the new china AEP's m8 ,their all 200 fps and are to cheap not to buy :rolleyes:
    Im getting the USP someday as an absolute last resort weapon
    apparantly they can be upgraded to fire harder aswell.

Master of the Universe

damn China and their cheap labor. there's gonna be an airsoft market crash!

• Advertisement

oisin have a look at the new china AEP's m8 ,their all 200 fps and are to cheap not to buy :rolleyes:
    Im getting the USP someday as an absolute last resort weapon
    apparantly they can be upgraded to fire harder aswell.
    You cant really upgrade an AEP, tightbore barrell is about it.

i said "apparantly" cos it seemed a surprise to me 2, I think the fiends talking about upgrading were saying things like having external larger batterys and better springs and what not but id just leave it bog standard at that price.

Master of the Universe

So much talk about guns and still no action. This is insane. If i dont attend a skirmish sometime soon i'm gonna freak out.

o1s1n wrote:
    So much talk about guns and still no action. This is insane. If i dont attend a skirmish sometime soon i'm gonna freak out.

Run screaming into your local Bank of Ireland Branch in full skirmish setup. I guarantee a big skirmish with some professionals.

man ive been saying that so often aswell over the last month or 2 , Its 2 late for me though ive gone insane as a result, Acck i hardly even get to fire my guns due to were i live , "public land this" and "insurance that" :mad: :mad:

I realy want something to start up here in Connaught, something at least.
    Cant be travelling up to Meath every week [thats assuming everything works out up their]

Master of the Universe

I dont really get to fire my guns much due to the damn dark evenings! by the time i get back from college I'd need night vision to be able to see anything.

Advertisement