Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaching.....

Options
  • 22-11-2006 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm gonna strech my ears this weekend, my friend has a set of tapered needles. They are currently at 2, although probably slightly bigger as I have a habit of sticking in and extra pair or two of earrings with the rings that are in now.

My question is, safely, and to avoid a blow out, how far do you think I could strech them this time? 4? 6?

I know I should really wait and see how the streching goes and how easily my lobe straches, but I need to buy the jewellery to have with me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

To avoid a blowout stretch one millimetre at a time, if you stretch your ears too much in one go youl either rip your lobe or theyl be sore as f*ck then blowout on you. Just buy a tunnel then wrap insulation tape around em whenever you wanna go up a size. Way cheap and safe...as long as you give your ears time to heal
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

ITA.
    If you go too fast, you'll either damage yourself or end up with a cats ass*le.

http://www.molokosynthemesc.com/search/srch2004.exe?pic=pierce/01-ear/A31112/high/iz9g9sgb.jpg&tsect=pierce/01-ear/trans001.html&desc=.11.07.03.%3Cbr%3E%3Cfont+size%3D-1%3E.cat+bum+madness.%3Cbr%3ESubmitted+by+iam%3A%3Ca+href%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fiam.bmezine.com%2F%3Fpierced%255Fvein%22%3Epierced%5Fvein%3C%2Fa%3E

Not sexy.

Insulation/teflon tape is good. Needs to be changed frequently though, and I'd go back to treating the piercing as if it had just been done as well in terms of soaks etc.
    In your case, I'd still go with a 4 first, as sticking 2 pieces of jewellery in on occasion still isn't the same as a proper stretch. It should also be quite easy for you, as you've essentially been prepping your ear already. Once that's all happy and looking well healed, I'd think about going up another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

unless you like cats behinds :p but yeah not sexy at all, and not good for your ear either. nothing better than big lobes though, im at 8mm now, paddy just stretched em for me there on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

Whatever floats your boat, I guess!

Let us know how it goes though Shelli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

i started stretching my ears and every 3 weeks to a month went back and got them up another mm or so! but afew weeks ago i was at 4mm's and one of them fell out in my sleep and went down to 2mms in one night so i had to stuff it back in myself which wasnt too bad so now i stretch them myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Ok, well I'll go for the 4mm this weekend so and then go with the tape idea for a while until they're ready for bigger jewellery.

Cheers,

Advertisement