Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone muppets still havent got K800i

• 22-11-2006 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Thye have been promising it "soon" since the middle of August but still there's no sign of the K800i with Vodafone.

Its in their Christmas brochure but still not in the shops or on the site.

They told me by email last week that it would be definitely released on 20th. November, which has come and gone. Emails sent to them since have been ignored.

maybe I should remind them I'm a shareholder...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Wow, even O2 have the K800i at this stage. I'd recommend the K610im over it however, unless you need the better camera (3 versus 2 megapixel, not to mention better optics).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Voda will have the K800i on Saturday - or so I was told
    It costs €189 of Perfect Fit400:eek:
    A bit steep IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

mik_da_man wrote:
    A bit steep IMO

€99 on O2's cheapest contract tarrif. Between that and being sick of waiting for Vodafone to release it, i switched.

Oh how i miss Vodafone's buggy 3G software.

Not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Sengoku79

don't forget that the K1 is also €199 on Vodafone compared to €29-€69 on O2, bunch of bleeding shylocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Wow, even O2 have the K800i at this stage.

Yeah..but it's out of stock...Bah Humbug!!!:(

Emailed them to see when they'll have it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

The O2 webstore and retailers might be out of stock of the K800i but the Carphone Warehouse has it. I got it on a Platinum Upgrade for E49 a couple of weeks ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

The Carphone warehouse website has been down for maintenance for about 5 weeks now.
    How professional is that?

The O2 webstore and retailers might be out of stock of the K800i but the Carphone Warehouse has it. I got it on a Platinum Upgrade for E49 a couple of weeks ago :D

I've only got a Silver Upgrade though:(

CW want €99 ...O2 Online is €69..If they had it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

I was in Vodafone Liffey Valley last night. Last week I rang and booked a k8001 when I heard they were due out on the 23rd. I went down last night to fill out the upgrade paperwork to speed things up at collection (I'm off to London for the week end). I eventually got to the front of the queue only to be told, "we are not releasing that phone until the end of DECEMBER" DECEMBER! Are they taking the p*ss? I really hope the guy was wrong. He didn't check anything on a computer, he just said out of hand, it wasn't coming out today. I've been waiting for an upgrade since July (Nokia 6280). I'm getting highly peeved at this "no idea" attitude vodafone staff have.

j14 wrote:
    I was in Vodafone Liffey Valley last night. Last week I rang and booked a k8001 when I heard they were due out on the 23rd. I went down last night to fill out the upgrade paperwork to speed things up at collection (I'm off to London for the week end). I eventually got to the front of the queue only to be told, "we are not releasing that phone until the end of DECEMBER" DECEMBER! Are they taking the p*ss? I really hope the guy was wrong. He didn't check anything on a computer, he just said out of hand, it wasn't coming out today. I've been waiting for an upgrade since July (Nokia 6280). I'm getting highly peeved at this "no idea" attitude vodafone staff have.

I'll admit I am not a fan of Vodafone, in particular because of things like this. This is just another instance to demonstrate Vodafone's penchant for doing things that are not in the best interest of their customers.

The Carphone warehouse website has been down for maintenance for about 5 weeks now.
    How professional is that?

Anyways, I never use the Carphone Warehouse website. Perhaps the people that created O2's website are doing CPW's? lol

I've only got a Silver Upgrade though

CW want €99 ...O2 Online is €69..If they had it !!

I doubt the O2 webstore will get the K800i in before Christmas. They've not had it for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

"I doubt the O2 webstore will get the K800i in before Christmas. They've not had it for ages."

Um, it was only available for ordering a few days ago. It's only been out of stock for a couple of days.

Ok, weird. Each time I went looking for it, it had the faded out icon saying "out of stock". Must've been my luck lol

I doubt the O2 webstore will get the K800i in before Christmas. They've not had it for ages.

Spoke to someone in work today and might to be able to get one through our mobile phone supplier...and for cheaper than O2 as well..

So I have my fingers and toes crossed..they are expecting delivery today.

j14 wrote:
    "we are not releasing that phone until the end of DECEMBER" .

Probably becasue they know well it's better than most of the outdated phones they have listed on their website and somehow hope to shift them at xmas.

Nothing happens at the end of Dec, 'End of December' means first or second week of Jan.

SE will probably roll out the replacment for the K800 in May. :D

I really don't know why i stuck with Vodafone for so long. Slow to release phones, when they do release them they cost much more than O2 and their software is bug ridden.

Yaay!! Just got my eager mitts on the K800i this afternoon :cool:

Now to spend the evening playing around with it at home. Any tips for cool things I can do with it?..I know...I'm such a kid when it comes to gadgets...

But then..aren't we all...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

vodafones customer focus is less than zero
    i went online to have a look for an upgrade last night and checked the boxes that i found important on the requirements page, the recommendations page gave me this message
    Vodafone wrote:
    We do not have any phones in out current range that match your requirements, however the following phones have some of the features you have choosen:
    guess what the phones were, you guessed it NOT THERE just a blank screen no broken img links or invisible pics, simply blank, tried it 4 times same everytime, i rang and asked could they fill me in on the details i was told check the website or go to the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

mik_da_man wrote:
    Voda will have the K800i on Saturday - or so I was told
    A bit steep IMO

Well surprise surprise no sign of it in Vodafone today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

"I doubt the O2 webstore will get the K800i in before Christmas. They've not had it for ages."

Um, it was only available for ordering a few days ago. It's only been out of stock for a couple of days.
    Tried any of the shops? 99EUR is a dam good price, shame I paid 199EUR for mine a month before ... oh to try and get things first :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

I received an email from Vodafone with the following:

"The Sony Ericsson K800i has been released, however, it is not yet up on our website".

Nor is it in the shops.

Wonder where it has been released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

It's in the shops - saw it - think €329 ready to go - no memory card with it.

• Advertisement

buddy wrote:
    It's in the shops - saw it - think €329 ready to go - no memory card with it.

In related news, The Winter Olympics are to take place in Hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

For those of you interested in buying the K800i on O2's online shop, they are back in stock today.

Just ordered one on a silver upgrade for €79 incl. 300 free texts. Very good deal.

Now I just need a 1 GB memory card...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

starman100 wrote:
    For those of you interested in buying the K800i on O2's online shop, they are back in stock today.

We are currently unable to determine your eligibility for upgrade please try again later.

FFS. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

We are getting ripped off right,left and centre for mobiles in this country, this K800i for example can be got for free with a contract in the UK,you'd never see that here :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I picked it up on Vodafone yesterday in the Carphone Warehouse on Grafton Street, it was the last one they had. Poster above is correct, 329 euro Ready to Go, no memory card included. But hey, the price is 70 quid cheaper than O2, and its a sweet phone. The camera is amazing. It seems to be missing the "Light" feature that the K750i had which is a pity, because it was actually really useful carrying around a torch in your pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

How branded is the phone on Vodafone Branoic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

The handset is heavily branded, both inside and out, with green and red hang up buttons where the web and tab buttons are.

Anyone looking to get this handset should get it on O2. No external branding to speak of and only the browser button within the menu pertaining to anything O2.

Rsaeire wrote:
    The handset is heavily branded, both inside and out, with green and red hang up buttons where the web and tab buttons are.

Anyone looking to get this handset should get it on O2. No external branding to speak of and only the browser button within the menu pertaining to anything O2.

No buggy/slow Vodafone software either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Branoic wrote:
    I picked it up on Vodafone yesterday in the Carphone Warehouse on Grafton Street, it was the last one they had. Poster above is correct, 329 euro Ready to Go, no memory card included. But hey, the price is 70 quid cheaper than O2, and its a sweet phone. The camera is amazing. It seems to be missing the "Light" feature that the K750i had which is a pity, because it was actually really usual carrying around a torch in your pocket.

Apparently it is possible to use either the red/orange led next to the flash or the front screen as a torch on the k800i : see http://torchk800.matlista.se/

Eagerly awaiting my k800i to be opened on Christmas Day (or maybe before hehe....)

• Advertisement
Advertisement