Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infection?

• 22-11-2006 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had my teeth cleaned about 12 days ago. My gums have been quite sensitive since then but over the past couple of days my lower right gum has become increasingly sensitive and sore to touch. I see there are little whitish spots in places .
    I was having some pain on that side anyway which I presumed was just a filling needing redone so I have an appt to see my dentist next Tuesday. So now I don't know if this new pain/ spots is just to do with the pain I was having anyway or if it is the start of an infection. If it is an infection is it ok to wait til next Tuesday til I see the dentist or do I need to act now? Will regular mouthwashes help or would I need antibiotics? It's not too bad so I'm tempted to just leave it but then I'm afraid it will just flare up big time at the weekend!

To further complicate matters I knows there's a big old wisdom tooth hiding down deep in that gum..just waiting to cause some bother. (my very first wisdom tooth at the grand old age of 37!)

Any advice oh wise dental people?

Advertisement