Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No. 3 Bus

Options
  • 22-11-2006 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with the No. 3 bus Leaving from UCD. I was at the bus stop this morning at it's scheduled departure time 0905U (U stands for to or from UCD). I needed to get on the the Grand Canal Dock end of Pearse Street. No bus left between 0900 and 0915 displaying the No. 3. Does it usually turn up late? There were busses waiting at the stop but they suddenly turned on the engine and drove off without turning on top and bottom deck lights or opening the door for passengers. They didn't display the No. 3 but instead displayed the out of service sign.

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Never, ever, EVER trust the number 3 bus. Get the 10 (or the 11 from the other end of campus), get off at Leeson Street Bridge, and walk along the canal (literally only about a ten minute walk). Saves you a buttload of time and ease of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Number 3 timetable = Fairy Tales of Ireland! File under fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

boneless wrote:
    Number 3 timetable = Fairy Tales of Ireland! File under fiction.

This is 100% accurate. I lived in Sanymount in first year and the 3 broke my heart. Most unreliable timetable ever. The usual 1840 bus on the timetable for going home always left at about 18.25 (except when you were there on time in which case it would wait til about 1900!!) :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Damn number 3. The reason I walk home nowadays. Number 2 is just as bad.

RabbleRabble!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got the 3 on Friday evening. I was warned about it, but it arrived exactly on time. Very pleased!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jumpymunky

^^ Agree with that guy up there..the 2 and 3 buses regularly leave up to 15 minutes before they're timetabled to. It can be good some times..say if u finish at 3..then some times u don't have to wait 25 mins for the 15.25..if u no wat i mean.

The moral of the saga is that u shud be there at the stop at least 10 minutes before it goes. Plus ur guaranteed a seat unlike the 10 & 46A which can be mad wen it rains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Pythia wrote:
    I got the 3 on Friday evening. I was warned about it, but it arrived exactly on time. Very pleased!

Do the €uro Millions.... :D

If you win buy me a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

jumpymunky wrote:
    ^^ Agree with that guy up there..the 2 and 3 buses regularly leave up to 15 minutes before they're timetabled to. It can be good some times..say if u finish at 3..then some times u don't have to wait 25 mins for the 15.25..if u no wat i mean.

The moral of the saga is that u shud be there at the stop at least 10 minutes before it goes. Plus ur guaranteed a seat unlike the 10 & 46A which can be mad wen it rains.
    That's an odd moral - it can leave about 15 mins early, so arrive just 10 mins beforehand!

Advertisement