Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19" lcd to 22" lcd,big difference?

Options
  • 22-11-2006 12:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,im looking at changing my 19" lcd to a larger screen.
    Just wondering is there really much of a difference in the immersion side of things for gaming between a 19" and a 22"?

Im looking at this monitor
    http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10291055&pid=0&rstrat=0

My current one is also a samsung,the 22" states 19 " readability,ive just measured my 19" actual screen width and its 15" wide.
    Is this a big enough difference to warrant a purchase?
    Maybe someone here has gone from 19 to 22?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you don't measure the width, you measure the diagonal. It should be 19" on the diagonal.... I think?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah its just about 19 diagonal,on the new one its meant to be 22" i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Take your measuring tape. Now, add 3" to that & lay it across your monitor diagonally. That's how much more screen you'll have :D

... unless your current 19" isn't widescreen, in which case, make a rectangle on paper 16cm wide, 9cm long, and measure that way.
    Basically, IIRC you'll get the same height as a 19" monitor, but a few inches either side. And maybe a different/higher resolution.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

timely thread that I am hopping on if you don't mind

same boat, currently have 19" which I'm getting a refund on cause its on the blink so I'll have €280 to spend and looking at this guy http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/computer/monitore/tft-monitore-ab20/128184/-/Article.html?fillspace=1

appreciate thoughts on supplier and monitor itself, use pc mostly for surfing, spreadsheet stuff but will get back to gaming (FPS), swear I will

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

When I followed that link it went to an Acer AL2216A display for €308 is that correct ?

The only Acer display I know of close to that maybe its the same one is the AL2216W which is a 22" widescreen, BeHardware reviewed it and found it to be a decent display.

If it is the same one be aware that initial models in Europe are VGA only though Komplett lists the AL2216Wsd which adds a DVI port to it.

(According to the specs here the AL2216A has slightly lower contrast then the AL2216W that seems to be the only difference i can see)

• Advertisement

When I followed that link it went to an Acer AL2216A display for €308 is that correct ?
    Yep

The only Acer display I know of close to that maybe its the same one is the AL2216W which is a 22" widescreen, BeHardware reviewed it and found it to be a decent display.

If it is the same one be aware that initial models in Europe are VGA only though Komplett lists the AL2216Wsd which adds a DVI port to it.
    So it looks like its VGA then, still not bad with minimal use

(According to the specs here the AL2216A has slightly lower contrast then the AL2216W that seems to be the only difference i can see)
    Hmmm just weigh up the VGA V's DVI then

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-006-BE

Hard to beat this monitor on price. £199.00 plus vat

that Belina comes to £234 inc vat so about €345 + shipping, too much compared to the Acer IMO
    slimmed down to these two

Acer for €299 + shipping from Jes
    http://www.jesonline.de/product_info.php?pID=37747

or if I go with a DVI then its IIyama for €399 + shipping from komplett
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10406

so we're talking a ton for DVI, is it worth it I wonder, I never watch movies and have no intention of changing my current 128mg NVidia card.....mmmmmm
    what do ye think, taking into account the sellers also, komplett I've used losts of times, Jes never

Advertisement