Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 going cheap

Options
  • 22-11-2006 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Anyone who's interested:
    Game in Dawson St are selling BF 2142 for €29.99 "this week only"!

Tipped the balance for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I think I saw it for that price in smiths in Galway.
    Meh wouldn't cross the road to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Theyd have to pay me to take it off thier shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Can be got for 28.99 off of cdwow.ie aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

its dropping price cus it aint selling

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

And it aint selling cause it's not worth buying!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

And it's not worth buying cause it's ..........pfff , this could go on forever

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

And its not worth buying, as the bugs aren't fixed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

But it's not worth fixing as no one is buying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

tut, tut, tut, all so cynical.

It makes me want to cry, it really does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

It makes want to cry, it really does.

woot gives me something to do for the day, lets make strangelove cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

0ubliette wrote:
    Theyd have to pay me to take it off thier shelves.

This is the statement that is closest to my sentiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i might buy another copy.

you guys are worse than the CS players and the arguement between 1.6 and source.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

jaggeh wrote:

you guys are worse than the CS players and the arguement between 1.6 and source.

Source is seriously lame, man!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,574 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jaggeh wrote:

yeah but honestly that what happens when a developer ****s you over, be it not living up to their promises (CS:S) or charging you full whack for a game you already own but with futuristic textures. (2142) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Its still alot of fun though, especially in titan mode, take down the enemy titan shield by capturing the missle silo's. Board the enemy titan infiltrate the core reactor room, blow the core, and get the fook off it lol. All this while being riddled by enemy turrets and whatnot. :D

Ok, so it lacks alot of what bf2 offers, instead gives you a different type of gameplay. Bf2 anyday though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

i still can't see how you can play a clan match in it without the unlocks :mad:

The way i feel about the game is it took everything i liked about bf2 put it into a new premise with a new gametype, made the graphics better, made the gameplay more fun, and made ranking less of a chore. plus the unlocks are fun.

Bf2 great game.
    Bf2142 great game made greater.

if they bring titan mode into BF2 (aircraft carriers anyone?) then i may re-install bf2 but 2142 has grabbed me by the balls and my heart and mind must follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

BF42 & BFV
    Life

After a couple of days of playing it, i'm still kinda not sure about it:

I like the shiny new graphics, the new maps (played the Gibraltar map last night and loved it) and the titans (a bit gimmicky, imho) and stuff, but saying that it still kinda feels like a BF2 mod.

I really, really, hate having to unlock what should be basic kit, like grenades, the spawn beacon and anti-personel mines, and just getting used to being a newb again. Actually that's the worst bit - after being nearly a 2nd Lt in BF2, now i have to start from the bottom again, and learn all the maps (how many times did i spawn last night and stand there going "duh, where the frack am i?, oh, look i'm dead again.....").

Just glad i got it cheap, is all i'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Operation Flashpoint.

Bitches.

• Advertisement

Operation Flashpoint.

I believe Mr. Vader said it best:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

jaggeh wrote:
    The way i feel about the game is it took everything i liked about bf2 put it into a new premise with a new gametype, made the graphics better, made the gameplay more fun, and made ranking less of a chore. plus the unlocks are fun.

Bf2 great game.
    Bf2142 great game made greater.

if they bring titan mode into BF2 (aircraft carriers anyone?) then i may re-install bf2 but 2142 has grabbed me by the balls and my heart and mind must follow.
    Totally agree here .plus i think the aiming has improved,bf2 ..burst ...burst ..burst..reload ...burst..burst ...man turns round and kills you with 3 bullets :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Heh, I have more knife kills playing 2142 than I ever had with bf2, and I didnt always have the cloaking device either until recently but it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 749

I really, really, hate having to unlock what should be basic kit, like grenades, the spawn beacon and anti-personel mines, and just getting used to being a newb again. Actually that's the worst bit - after being nearly a 2nd Lt in BF2, now i have to start from the bottom again, and learn all the maps (how many times did i spawn last night and stand there going "duh, where the frack am i?, oh, look i'm dead again.....").

Just glad i got it cheap, is all i'm saying.

Didn't you sign up to the BF2 veterens 'thing' it lets you carry your awards across to 2142. Check the EA web site.

I've been playing the 2142 demo for a while and well, it just comes across as lame. I mean whats with the clipped British accents, it's like something out of a bad 1950's world war 2 movie, "Right o chaps"

To be honest I'm hangin' out for Quake Wars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

749 wrote:
    To be honest I'm hangin' out for Quake Wars

can't wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SyxPak wrote:
    Operation Flashpoint.

Bitches.

And Armed Assault is now out in Eastern Europe with the UK and Ireland to follow in January or so. At which point I'll be dumping anything to do with BF2/2142.

Hal1 wrote:
    Heh, I have more knife kills playing 2142 than I ever had with bf2, and I didnt always have the cloaking device either until recently but it helps.
    This is one of the main reasons why i gave up on bf2 and wont buy 2142.

"oh lol i got teh knife kill! ROFL!"

hi-fu*ckin-larious.

get knife killed a lot did you?

must be a sniper. (almost 400 unique tags now)

jaggeh wrote:
    get knife killed a lot did you?

must be a sniper. (almost 400 unique tags now)
    No. I just got irritated with wave after wave of knife wielding twat running at you going LOL KNIFE KILL PWNTED

• Advertisement

personally i have never gloated about a knife kill, it defeats the purpose.

If i kill you with a knife you are going to be angry at it and if i start gloating it gives you a vent for the anger, but if i let you stew then it puts you off your game and i kill you again ;)

Advertisement