Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MERGED: GP Doctor + Doctor for Children

Options
  • 27-10-2006 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Friends;

I have a daughter 10 months old; and I need to take her to a doctor; Is there any doctor/Hospital for childern around us? I need to take her at evening time

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

Hi

I have attached a link with details of doctors and health centre on it.

Im not sure where our nearest childerns hospital is, i think it is in Tallaght, which is only about 30 mins drive

http://www.greystones.info/health.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

all the local surgerys treat children. I'm not sure if any of them are open in the evening, though some of them do open saturday mornings if thats any use to you. They all have doctor-on-call services for when they're closed, but these are more expensive and really designed for emergencys.

Harbour Family Practice - 01-2877235
    Greystones medical centre - 01-2874275

nearest childrens hospital is Tallaght Hospital.

EMPM wrote:
    Hi

I have attached a link with details of doctors and health centre on it.

Im not sure where our nearest childerns hospital is, i think it is in Tallaght, which is only about 30 mins drive

http://www.greystones.info/health.html

that site is a bit out of date - Dr. Orr retired donkey's years ago. Somers the Dentist has recently retired also.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

when i arrived to Ireland I have been told that there is a good Hospital for childern in city center, they said this hospital is the best and open 24 hours/ 7 days

any one know this hospital??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That was probably Harcourt Street, which was moved out to the Tallaght Hospital when it first opened.

To be honest, if the situation was really serious, you wouldn't be waiting until tonight, so you may as well go to a local doctor if you can, rather than queue for ages in A&E in Tallaght this evening(on a Friday night it will be mayhem).

The Greystones Medical centre is quite good. Wifey has been using it since she was an ankle biter. If you don't catch them tonight, they'll be open in the morning.

http://www.greymed.ie/

• Advertisement

No I think she having cold, and I am at work my wife can not speak english yet so she have to wait for me:(

I wounder if there is an English teacher who can teach my wife at home?

the childrens hospitals in the city are in Temple Street and Crumlin. If the kid just has a cold though you should take her to a local doctor.

The doctors surgery on the main st (Greystones Medical Centre) is open until 7 each evening (according to their website)

Friends;

Any recommended GP Doctor in Greystones???

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

mmalaka, I've merged this post with another thread you started a while back as a lot of the info is available on that thread including the details of a couple of GP Clinics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Dr Bishop has finished renovating his Kilcoole Surgery on the main street in Kilcoole. It's called the Village Practice and has a host of doctors attached, male and female. They also operate out of Newtown but the Kilcoole surgery is only a 5 minute drive from Charlesland. Very committed and caring bunch of doctors and a great receptionist and Nurse. If you register with them you can also use the weekend "care doc" service out of Wicklow. Better than waiting in for a house call and much safer than 7 hours in the A+E at Tallaght, Highly reccommended!

• Advertisement
Advertisement