Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW passat fuel economy

Options
  • 22-11-2006 1:21pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know a site where I can compare the fuel economy for the different model passats? I am interested in the last model passat, circa 98, particularly the 1.8T v standard 1.8, both auto.

I'm seriously considering importing one from Japan.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm seriously considering importing one from Japan.
    Be careful ... for some perverse reason the Japanese often like their "continental" cars, especially German makes such as MB and BMW, to be "authentic", i.e. LHD !! Strange, but true.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Alun wrote:
    Be careful ... for some perverse reason the Japanese often like their "continental" cars, especially German makes such as MB and BMW, to be "authentic", i.e. LHD !! Strange, but true.

Cheers for the warning but thats the first thing I check on every car I look at.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I think it's generally only sporty/luxury European cars that they like in LHD, like Alfas and BMWs, and even then I've seen RHD Japanese BMWs and Mercs. Looking at www.japaneseusedcars.com I see no LHD VWs, however I also see no Passats :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Theres a few on www.ibcjapan.co.jp

they/them/theirs

Advertisement