Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HC emissions

Options
  • 22-11-2006 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi my car, starlet 91, failed NCT on emissions of HC.

I brought it to a mechanic and he said that it was burning oil because the piston rings were stuck and he could loosen them with some stuff he had, from America and no other mechanic had???, but i would have to drive 300 miles to see the effect.....

is he having me on or what? he said it'll cost me €50 and then another €30 to put in no more smoke.....

i'm under pressure coz my NCT has to be done before 30th......

any suggestions.....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

not sure this helps , but getting synthetic oil may help you, other thing is Engine temp, the hotter it is when testing the more chance of passing.Burning oil is a old toyota trade mark , google and you should find some ideas. Sounds a bit magic beans to me .

but if u need the car and he can be sure it can pass 80euro aint gona hurt that much. lot cheaper than a new car.

Advertisement