Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the Mac users of UCD

Options
  • 22-11-2006 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else finding that you can't get online over the wireless network in the library? Quite a few of the Mac users in my class have noticed this, and I'm going to be paying a visit to the Daedalus later to find out what the story is...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I don't normally have problems but I haven't been in the library in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

...nope, im online on my mac in the library right now. Never had any problems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

Its not a mac issue....pc's having same problem - intermittant problem....probably address space

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

get a thing called iStumbler, then when you're having trouble try connecting to a different network. I haven't had much trouble, but it could work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Whelo10

Nah istumbler aint gr8 and u shudnt need it if ur using firefox and its proxy settings are set to automatically detect network. iStumbler can just make things messy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

No, haven't been having problems. I'm not a student anymore, I just go to use the library to work when I'm doing some research.

I never had a laptop in UCD so it never bothered me, and WE never GOT wireless back in my day. Anyway, it did cut out there for about 5-10 minutes last Tuesday, but it came back. I assumed the system was just overloaded. Occasionally, Firefox2 goes a little screwy and you have to restart it. The automatic settings work fine in detecting the proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I've noticed it as well, either no connection or a lack of full connectivity. I'm using a PC laptop. It tends to happen for a while and then eventually resolve itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ive had bad problems with wireless lately, even when those around me are doin fine.

Im PC laptop, Delll D600 from quinn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Yeah I've had trouble with it. Something to do with my proxies I think. I'm never in the library anyway so I don't really care.

Advertisement