Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod awards?

Options
13»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

sjones wrote:
    Good stuff. It's not often someone takes my point of view on board. :)
    With good reason emot-v.gif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

CuLT wrote:
    With good reason emot-v.gif.

Quiet RTRD! emot-v.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Just My View

The mods who are arseholes aren't going to change because someone called them a nasty name.
    The popular mods will remain popular.
    Those who are currently high flying flavour of the month will fade when a new clique comes along.
    The majority of mods who are doing it for the love of it, and doing bloody good work if you ask me, will get no recognition. They may even become disillusioned as a result of being ignored and give up.

All in all the awards are not a great idea IMHO.

My 2c +VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nah.. can't say i support the idea.

Probably cos i know i wouldn't win anything... unless there was an award for 'The Most "Middle Of The Road" Mod Currently Modding Too Many Forums!"

Oh wait.. that's Ruu!

.... snap!

mega-v101.gif

Ahhhh no, Ruu does a bang up job! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

sjones wrote:
    Merc? It has to be!

Why would you even think that.

Last I heard it was wasting most of it's spare time on PPP and Betfed poker rooms. .25/.50 cash tables.

While kissing & stroking, quite lovingly.... it's Sony ZS2

So I heard. We pass in loose circles....

Anyhoots... not really my forum this. Saw la thread on la first page. Interesting title. Thought a good flame war was to be browsed. Sadly not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Mod awards are like awards for fruit.

What's the best fruit? What's the sweetest? What's the nicest? What's the most useful? What's the most awful? What's the funniest?

It would be a bunch of subjective votes on an uneven playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

What's the best fruit? What's the sweetest? What's the nicest? What's the most useful? What's the most awful? What's the funniest?

Pineapple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Do you have to reduce everything to food?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Do you have to reduce everything to food?

Oh hey - I just got this sweeping generalisation in the post, think it's meant for someone else, I'll just return it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oh hey - I just got this sweeping generalisation in the post, think it's meant for someone else, I'll just return it to you.
    Take the stamps off so he has to pay the postie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I declare unholy war upon this thread, may Science have mercy on your electrical impluses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What's the best fruit?

Banana
    What's the sweetest?

Tangerine.
    What's the nicest?

Tangerine
    What's the most useful?

Banana
    What's the most awful?

Lime.
    What's the funniest?

HAVE A BANANA!

I agree. If I was given an award for modding I would see it as an indication that I was doing something very wrong. As it is I'm worried that there just haven't been enough people posting to feedback in outrage at my despotic modding style.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

bucket.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Just My View

amp wrote:
    As it is I'm worried that there just haven't been enough people posting to feedback in outrage at my despotic modding style.
    I do my best, but I'm only human.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Most arrogant Mod
    Dibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I do my best, but I'm only human.:D

I, however, am a Nazi Cyborg and as such you'll never defeat me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Buffy-adam.jpg
    Name Adam
    Status Deceased
    Species Biomechanical demonoid
    Affiliation Formerly agent of The Initiative
    Notable powers Adam's abilities include:

* Grafted demon body parts grant him superhuman strength, stamina and resistance.
    * Uranium power core allows him to survive without eating, drinking or sleeping and renders him capable of healing from any wound, even decapitation.
    * Heightened self-awareness makes him immune to mind control spells and aware of reality alteration.
    * Polgara demon bone-skewer.
    * Absolute knowledge of the Initiative facilities, medical procedures, persuasion techniques and military tactics given to him by his "Mother" (Dr. Maggie Walsh).
    * Cybernetic grafts allow him to absorb power from electricity, mentally control behavior modifiers such as Riley's and link himself to computer networks and read data from hard data storage such as floppies.
    * Self-upgraded with implanted collapsible machine gun and grenade launcher.

A buffy fan? .... oh how you've gone down in my estimations!

I own the movie and saw it when it was released and I own comics.
    Seriously, I can enjoy such fiction at least I know it is fiction and can tell the difference unlike some.

So what I am a scifi/horror gamer tis old news , catch up.

Really 6th surely you can do better try it again, once more with feeling.

Damn you called my bluff, i didnt even need to click the link ... am a big fan - thats it, i've been outed!

And on that note can a i mention that Buffy series 8 is being released in comic format!

• Advertisement

And a Spike movie in the works.

Anyway...

You can't compare mods no more then you can compare forums.
    Different forums need differing styles of moderating and a lot of good work
    which is done by the vast mojority of mods goes unnoticed as they are not
    forums which are high profile due to contentious issues dealt there or the vast ammount of traffic in them.

Advertisement