Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT down for O2 until further notice

• 22-11-2006 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Just a quick note to say that AFT will be down for o2 users for a few days. Webmonkey is working on a solution for O2s new site.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

dal wrote:
    Just a quick note to say that AFT will be down for o2 users for a few days. Webmonkey is working on a solution for O2s new site.
    But it's working with AFT over o2?? Even after the change on the site. Worked as late as one hour ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Really? It hasn't worked for me for a few days...
    Is it still working for you right now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Maybe this is why it isn't working for me. Regardless, I think I am going to switch back to Meteor, o2's web site is really annoying me and meteor is better value on calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Is it not working for other people too? It isn't working for me or my sister ( it was previously working for her ). I tested my connection for opera and it is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Maybe this is why it isn't working for me. Regardless, I think I am going to switch back to Meteor, o2's web site is really annoying me and meteor is better value on calls.
    Yes I think this is your problem. I think webmonkey said it to you yesterday in another thread.

• Advertisement

Still working very good! Using it on Meteor PAYG on a Nokia 6070 with Meteor ISP GPRS settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

note that Meteor and Vodafone is still working. Gives me an idea to implement a backup service. yapyap has told me about this one service called hooya (www.hooya.com). Its a paid for service but you can define the number you send from. This could mean that if you fail to send with your provider website, AFT will automatically send it through Hooya instead, and either way the message gets delivered. Maybe we can even strike a deal with them by buying in bulk if demand is high enough. It could also allow for Meteor/Vodafone customers to send international text messages (still at decent rates though!).

Soon enough ill implement text alerts too guys, no more paying your provider 10c for recieving news alerts, now itll be free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Poxy o2...was thinking something screwy when aft was acting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

donutface wrote:
    note that Meteor and Vodafone is still working. Gives me an idea to implement a backup service. yapyap has told me about this one service called hooya (www.hooya.com). Its a paid for service but you can define the number you send from. This could mean that if you fail to send with your provider website, AFT will automatically send it through Hooya instead, and either way the message gets delivered. Maybe we can even strike a deal with them by buying in bulk if demand is high enough. It could also allow for Meteor/Vodafone customers to send international text messages (still at decent rates though!).

Soon enough ill implement text alerts too guys, no more paying your provider 10c for recieving news alerts, now itll be free :D
    How much do they charge for a text? It is not very clear from their site. In fact nithing is clear, the links don't work, looks like a very amateur setup.

I use smsgeezer.com for my international texts. They charge 7c a text.

How much do they charge for a text? It is not very clear from their site. In fact nithing is clear, the links don't work, looks like a very amateur setup.

I use smsgeezer.com for my international texts. They charge 7c a text.

Strike a deal with smsbug.com or mobisms.com instead!!
    Much cheaper sms, 3c and 2.8c respectively.

• Advertisement

I never knew there was so many J2ME sms programs out there! I thought what we had was pretty unique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

flodis79 wrote:
    Strike a deal with smsbug.com or mobisms.com instead!!
    Much cheaper sms, 3c and 2.8c respectively.
    Ohhhh, looks good! Good find, do you use it? I'll give it a go.

Im in contact with the owner of mobisms so hopefully we'll strike a deal soon.

I have some pretty big plans now :) Now we'll be able to get AFT working in an international market :D

Advertisement