Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

novice needs help !

• 22-11-2006 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Ok guys,

i've gotta bit of cash coming through and want to put a decent entertainment system into my house but havent a clue where to start.

i want TV, recordable dvd with Hard drive, surround sound speakers, connectable with xbox360.

I have a hifi seperates system which has marantz cd, marantz tuner, pioneer cd burner, sony tape deck, nad amp and monitor audio speakers. This is all about 10 years old but still sounds great so reluctant to unnecessarily change anything there. Its ages since i've had the cash to splash on home entertainment so am very rusty in terms of whats out there and what i should be buying to get the best bang for my buck.

any help and suggestion as to what i should spend my cash on is very welcome.

budget about €3000

cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You might want to check out www.avforums.com

Its a great place for finding info/reviews/opinions on AV gear, what's good, should be avoided, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

recordable dvd with Hard drive, surround sound speakers, connectable with xbox360.

To connect with the Xbox360, prettymuch a Windows MCE PC is the only way to go. You will be able to watch live TV, recorded TV and schedule recordings from the Xbox360 as well as the media centre PC. You can also watch other videos stored on the MCE PC, but they require transcoding to conform to the type of video that the 360 expects.

I reccomend the E1 or the E3 from http://www.hushtechnologies.net/ to compliment your current setup.

Advertisement