Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for business packages

Options
  • 22-11-2006 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone got any recommendations for BB for a small business?

About the only requirement is that the upload be greater than 256kbps and the download be minimum 3mb. Preferablly no download cap either.

Also the speed at which it can be setup is the other critical requirement.

I noticed the Magnet BB packages seem to be better value than the Eircom ones apart from €165 setup charge.

I suppose ultimately Eircom would be the fastest but the company preference is to avoid Eircom as much as possible. Its not ruled out but its the last resort.

Preferably wired solutions also.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Fairly few 256k up packages.

some high end Metro packages fit the bill.

Magnet SDSL and some ADSL

Smart except I think they are not taking orders and fulfilling them until next year.

BT LLU (BT Business ADSL)

IBB are _almost_ worth risking unlike in the past but maybe not quite yet.

If I were you I would get 2 of those and one of these , ie one wireless and one wired , and you always have backup in case of outages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Thanks Sponge. Metro might be a runner.

Having a backup is something they will need to consider themselves but the options you mentioned will be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I have Magnet and cannot recommend it at all. The customer service only works untill 6pm. It rarely works as it should.

Take my advice and give Magnet a wide berth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

magnet business does not close at 6pm, maybe the residential does .

magnet business packages support is up there with the best in the country, their consumer package support is not.

Advertisement