Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Owners

Options
  • 22-11-2006 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Is there a way to find out the owner of a public house?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if this is information that is freely available. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The owner of the building or the owner of the lience ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Diver79

Prefferebly the owner of the license.

The licensee must be the same as the holder of the lowest title, so only if a pub is leased will there be a difference between the licence holder and freehold owner. If the pub is in a rural area, mapping search in the land registry. If urban, it gets trickier.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Will the local garda / district court have records.

Alternatively phone the pub, explain that you are doing a mail shot for a new product and ask for their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Victor wrote:
    Will the local garda / district court have records.

Alternatively phone the pub, explain that you are doing a mail shot for a new product and ask for their name.
    If it's in Dublin and you want to tell me the name of the pub I can probably find out for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Diver79

Excellent guys thanks for all your help. I'll approach the Land Registry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Diver79 wrote:
    Excellent guys thanks for all your help. I'll approach the Land Registry.

The Land Registry takes a long time to update its records so if the pub has changed hands lately it may not have the most recent owner on it

Advertisement