Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Project

Options
  • 22-11-2006 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does it have to be on something Irish/European, could I do something Japanese?

Whats are you doing for yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You can do whatever you want. I know somebody doing something on Russian tsarists(female one). For mine, Im doing Robert Halpin & and the Transatlantic Cable 1865-1866. What are you thinking of doin out of curiosity? Guessing your in fifth year if your only deciding now. Just dont make it too broad or too narrow. Nearly finished mine now though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

The 6 day war.
    Wtf... outline plan?
    What should i write

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Haha, I'm doing something Japanese! 'The Flower and the Willow World, Geisha of Gion, Kyoto, Japan: 1930s-1970s'.

It can be anything so long as you can argue that it's historically relevant, than it's pre-1992/3 and you can get enough sources, tbh.

Just have to re-write mine for the final draft now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

Mushy wrote:
    You can do whatever you want. I know somebody doing something on Russian tsarists(female one). For mine, Im doing Robert Halpin & and the Transatlantic Cable 1865-1866. What are you thinking of doin out of curiosity? Guessing your in fifth year if your only deciding now. Just dont make it too broad or too narrow. Nearly finished mine now though:D[/QUOTE

Thats really odd, Im actually doing that 2. Im finished mine though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Well, im finished my history project (today), found it real easy to do, im doing it on christmas day world war 1 1914, And yeah you can do it on anything pre 92 or 93 if its irish history

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

I'm doing 'Elizabethian Espionage: Plots on Elizabeth I's life and reign'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I think it can be from any country so long as your chosen topic fits within the given time frame. The working title for my essay is "John F. Kennedy's Influence on the Space Race"... must really get down to work on it in the new year. My original plans were to do something on Bloody Sunday but I couldn't find any decent angle to judge it from

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We've been told to do ours over Christmas. I've finally settled on a topic and obtained all the sources I need.

"The impact of Coca Cola on American Society"

If the teacher finds that too vague, then I'll focus on the impact of New Coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

just a bit of a sidenote: ye have to include date parameters in the titles or you're docked a mark (even though, for a correct title, you are given no marks....)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

omg i havent even started mine yet.. im soo screwed!!!

i think a few days locked in the local libary wil help me after the xmas break

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I had an essay done on Yeats and the Anglo-Irish Literary Revival, but the History teacher in my school saw absolutely no merit in it. I urgently need to get the project done, but I really can't think of any good ideas. It took me long enough to come up with the Yeats one. Has anybody got any good, interesting suggestions? Thanks in advance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

omg i havent even started mine yet.. im soo screwed!!!

yah me too! i havent evn picked a topic yet. planning to do it over the mid-term. why didnt i do it last year like my teacher advised us to!

Advertisement