Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Converting video to dvd

• 22-11-2006 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I have a camcorder at home that records on tape and want to convert them to dvd.

I found a place that will do this for me but charge €25 per 90mins.

Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Dublin or Meath area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I have a camcorder at home that records on tape and want to convert them to dvd.

I found a place that will do this for me but charge €25 per 90mins.

Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Dublin or Meath area.

Have you considered investing in a dvd recorder, if youre copying alot of tapes it might work out cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Is your camcorder a standard VHS/S-VHS or a DV camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

Sparky-s wrote:
    Is your camcorder a standard VHS/S-VHS or a DV camera?

It is standard VHS/S-VHS - i know, i know, I should invest in a digital one but, in the meantime, I would like to convert the ones that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Just The One.

If you have a PC you could try this:-

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/237199/art/ads-tech/acquisition-case-dvd-xpre.html#fichetechnique

I bought one and it works a treat.

Fazer6.

Advertisement