Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Question - Focus

Options
  • 22-11-2006 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 01 Ford Focus 1.4LX. I bought it recently and something slightly concerns me. When I first start off in the car in the morning, it can be a little difficult, kind of "grindy" getting into first. Whether I'm changing down say from 3rd or even if I'm going from neutral into first. After about 5 - 10 mins of driving the problem goes away. I'm not even sure it is a problem, just wondering if anyone has any ideas?!

Second question, if there are any Focus owners out there do you know what the recommended tyre pressures are? I didn't get an owners manual when I bought it. The owners manual I've found online seems to be the American version, and the only other advice I've found is http://www.thetyrepressuremonitor.com/tyrepressures_ford.html
    which doesn't seem to have my car, although it's saying 32 PSI across the board so I'm thinking that's a safe enough way to go.

Cheers,
    Loon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Sounds like dampness in the electrics, check the distributor cap, spark plugs, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Gearbox fluid is just cold, same as when i start up my car in the mornings after 5-10 mins it goes away, check /change the levels in the box (ie a mecanic if it bothers you). the common tyre pressures are between 28-32 psi.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Thanks for the replies. Checked my tyre pressures and they were all really low so I've now upped them to 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Usually on Fords, there's a little sticker on the inside of the B-pillar giving the tyre pressures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Alun wrote:
    Usually on Fords, there's a little sticker on the inside of the B-pillar giving the tyre pressures.

Yeah I looked and couldn't find anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement