Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoff First leg (scores)

• 22-11-2006 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

So tonight will be the first leg of the playoff
    Dundalk Vs Waterford United
    For anyone Interested there will be live commentry on WLR

So Dundalk 0 Blues 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

WLR Frequency?

Is it online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Was quietly confident of a Dundalk win as for the most part we've been playing great stuff over the past few months. However due to the fact that one of our best players(Finn) won't be available and that our form has slightly dipped lately I'm gonna go for a 1-1 draw(Hughes to score, obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Link to listen
    http://www.wlrfm.com/

top of page
    Kick off 7:45

I wonder can I pick it up on a rayjo in Dublin.

seansouth wrote:
    I wonder can I pick it up on a rayjo in Dublin.
    Try 95.8 LMFM They will almost certainly be covering it.

• Advertisement

Match Commentry has just started

www.wlrfm.ie

1-0 blues

2 and half mins
    Kenny brown

Terrible start. And not wanting to sound like a bitter fcuker may I also say that Kenny Brown is a terrible name. Anyway C'mon Dundalk!

Half Time
    Dundalk 0-1 Wateford United

Kenny Brown 2mins 30secs

Dundalk hit the bar with a free just before half time. Still reckon they can get a draw out of this.

• Advertisement

dandalk penalty

1-1 dundlak penalty

Excellent! That gives us a bit of hope going into the 2nd leg.
    pp_me129 you seem to be having a bit of trouble spelling Dundalk!

Set up nicely for the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Is this not a completely meaningless game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

When is the 2nd leg? Friday?

Come on the Blahs.

bohsman wrote:
    Is this not a completely meaningless game?
    Nope, there are ranking points at stake, the winner of the playoff will obviously improve their chances if they increase the ranking points.

That said the FAI could well have made this decision weks ago without bothering to tell anybody.

From what I have heard, and subsequently read somewhere else, Waterford will be in the Premier Division next season come what may. So, for Waterford it is, supposedly, meaningless. But a win for Dundalk could be a huge difference maker.

gimmick wrote:
    From what I have heard, and subsequently read somewhere else, Waterford will be in the Premier Division next season come what may. So, for Waterford it is, supposedly, meaningless. But a win for Dundalk could be a huge difference maker.
    Well if Waterford are guaranteed a spot in the Premier League then Dundalk are screwed as far as I'm concerned, the only other possible teams we could replace are UCD and Bray.

UCD are a well run club and theres no way the FAI will fcuk them out. Brays a closer call but they've got a decent ground and are on the dart line and have done reasonably well during their time in the Premier.

Personally I don't think any decision has been made yet and I wouldn't be too comfortable if I were from Waterford.

One of the major things in Waterfords favour is location ie, being in Munster. The FAI/eL wont really want too many clubs around the same area. if Dundalk were to be admitted, that could possibly mean the following clubs are with the space of 100 kms of each other

Shels
    Bohs
    Rovers
    Pats
    UCD
    Drogheda
    Dundalk
    Longford
    Bray

And with the rest of the division being made up of
    Cork City
    Derry City
    Sligo Rovers

It would look too balanced. But if Waterford were to be up there instead of UCD/Bray/Dundalk, it would at least make it look slightly more balanced. I dunno.
    Pighead wrote:
    I wouldn't be too comfortable if I were from Waterford.

No one would be ;)

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    One of the major things in Waterfords favour is location ie, being in Munster. The FAI/eL wont really want too many clubs around the same area. if Dundalk were to be admitted, that could possibly mean the following clubs are with the space of 100 kms of each other

Shels
    Bohs
    Rovers
    Pats
    UCD
    Drogheda
    Dundalk
    Longford
    Bray

And with the rest of the division being made up of
    Cork City
    Derry City
    Sligo Rovers

It would look too balanced. But if Waterford were to be up there instead of UCD/Bray/Dundalk, it would at least make it look slightly more balanced. I dunno.

Depends what the FAI wants I suppose. If they want a nice neat multi representative league then, indeed, Waterford are the obvious choice. If they want a team thats guaranteed bringing a decent away support to every game and with a structure in place to ensure they'll be competitive then Dundalk would seem to be the obvious answer.

gimmick wrote:
    No one would be ;)

Ha Ha!

Advertisement