Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KP Website

Options
  • 22-11-2006 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am living in NY and I used to read the Kilkenny People online. It used to be OK and reflected the paper itself. Since this new crowd took over they changed the format. It is a pathetic load of crap now. It must be the worst Kilkenny site on the net. They should be ashamed of it. When they first put this new format up they had a guestbook and some clown wrote in congratulating them. this was promptly followed by 10+ pages of complaints. Then they took down all the complaints and left the couple that were someway positive and they stopped posting the negative comments. They have now taken the guestbook out altogether now. I suppose that it was too much work junking the negative comments.

The Advertiser has a pretty good and simple site with a pdf version of the paper. The Voice havent discovered the internet yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

NewYorkJoe wrote:
    I am living in NY and I used to read the Kilkenny People online. It used to be OK and reflected the paper itself. Since this new crowd took over they changed the format. It is a pathetic load of crap now. It must be the worst Kilkenny site on the net. They should be ashamed of it. When they first put this new format up they had a guestbook and some clown wrote in congratulating them. this was promptly followed by 10+ pages of complaints. Then they took down all the complaints and left the couple that were someway positive and they stopped posting the negative comments. They have now taken the guestbook out altogether now. I suppose that it was too much work junking the negative comments.

The Advertiser has a pretty good and simple site with a pdf version of the paper. The Voice havent discovered the internet yet.

Where exactly in NY? I used to live in Queens [Woodside to be exact] and he used to pick up the Kilkenny People every Friday at the local Irish imports store. Maybe you should do that and forget the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NewYorkJoe

I used to get it in the Butcher Block Irish store in Sunnyside Queens. However I live out on Long Island and its a bit of a trek. As I keep in regular contact with Kilkenny and with the Advertiser online its not worth going specially. Thanks all the same for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

NewYorkJoe wrote:
    I used to get it in the Butcher Block Irish store in Sunnyside Queens. However I live out on Long Island and its a bit of a trek. As I keep in regular contact with Kilkenny and with the Advertiser online its not worth going specially. Thanks all the same for the reply

My dad used to get them in Woodside. There are [still there when I went over for two weeks this past Aug] two Irish import stores there right by the train station and hairdressers.

The Butcher Block has a bigger store now since the block where it was originally on had a huge fire. There was an Irish cafe called The Chipper there and it went out when they lost most of their food from flooding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NewYorkJoe

I have been in the new Butcher Block. Nice store. I will be in there before the Christmas to get some goodies. The chipper used to do curry chips, were'nt too bad, bit on the thin side, the curry I mean not the chips.

Advertisement