Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What subjects are everyone doing?

Options
  • 22-11-2006 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

As the title says. Leave feedback about yourself if you want.

I'm doing English, Irish, Maths, French, Geography, Physics and Economics.

What subjects are you doing? (Assuming English, Irish and Maths aswell) 212 votes

French
    0%
    German
    22%
    GangstaStringJBoyle4evaknifey_spoonieLia_liaJC 2K3PurpleFistMixermp3guyRozabeezkirvingqzninebeanrowsDevil5434deisedollyDiarmsquidKnifeWRENCHpeachesxcreamrjtstev2604Thomas_S_Hunterson 47 votes
    Spanish
    8%
    Stringandyman1huge1ouch!ANarcho-MunkRivetadonutfacexha1rLimerick Dudeethernetnick23That Guy 901NADADanakinNehpetsPassportGlenin 17 votes
    Physics
    1%
    StringAttolLinku 3 votes
    Chemistry
    15%
    GangstaT-b0n3StringJC 2K3PurpleFistMixermp3guykirvingninebeanrowsDiarmsquidKnifeWRENCHrjtThomas_S_HuntersondonutfacetolosencRedisleLimerick DudeethernetBurning EclipseMushynick23 32 votes
    Biology
    8%
    GangstaT-b0n3StringJC 2K3rjtRivetaThomas_S_HuntersonBULLERRedisleThat Guy 901JSK 252oRlyYaRlymracbebop!*richeal*madgalGlenin 17 votes
    Geography
    13%
    GangstaStringknifey_spoonieLia_liaqzninebeanrowsLinkuDevil54341huge1deisedollyKnifeWRENCHouch!ANarcho-Munkstev2604im...LOSTBULLERsophyaJC06AerialThat Guy 901 28 votes
    History
    12%
    StringkirvingqzninebeanrowsDevil54341huge1deisedollyKnifeWRENCHouch!ANarcho-Munkstev2604donutfacetolosencBULLERJC06Limerick DudeGretchenWienersNADADanakinadam_ccfc 27 votes
    Business
    8%
    Stringknifey_spoonieJC 2K3RozabeezLinkuANarcho-MunkrjtRivetaim...LOSTsophyaAerialMushyDanakinHaven't a CluecheerioSteve01blondie07 17 votes
    Economics
    11%
    StringJBoyle4evaknifey_spoonieAttolDevil54341huge1stev2604Thomas_S_Huntersondonutfacexha1rethernetBurning EclipseAerialnick23That Guy 901GretchenWienersDanakinbrightcheeriobebop! 24 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Business
    You forgot loads of subjects....

I do Biology, History, Engineering and Art.

You missed two of me choices....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

History
    Sorry, but there can only be 10 options

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Chemistry
    French, Physics, Art, Music, Applied Maths. Three of mine misisng! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Business
    Accounting is my only missing one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Economics
    Also doing accounting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Economics
    English, maths (o), geography, business, Spanish, Finnish, home ec.

2nd optional European languages rule :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Economics
    English, Irish, French, Business, Math, Physics, Applied Maths, Technical Graphics.

*jealous* I wish I had the choice to do 2 foreign languages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ouch!

History
    surprising there's so many people doing good old German :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

German
    (English, Irish, Maths) French, Music, Art, Classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Economics
    ouch! wrote:
    surprising there's so many people doing good old German :D
    its my fave subject glad i did it over french and spanish
    i also do irish english maths business geography and biology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Economics
    You didn't get 3 of mine: Ag. Science, Home Ec & LCVP(If you count that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Chemistry
    French, Physics, Accounting and Construction Studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

History
    I'm doing French,geography,accounting and biology.Accounting is more popular than I thought!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭kirving

History
    Im doing English, Irish(Ordinary), Maths, French, Engineering, Technical Graphics, Geography, Physics and LCVP.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Biology
    Im doing english, irish, maths (o), physics, chemistry, music and french.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Economics
    English,Irish,Maths,French,Geography,Biology,Business,Economics, and Music.
    anyone else doing 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

bright wrote:
    anyone else doing 9?
    The guy two posts above you :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Economics
    I'm doing Maths, English, Irish, French, Business, Chemistry, Physics and Applied Maths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Biology
    Im doing english,irish,maths,french,accounting,chemisty,physics and applied maths.. youve left out a good few in that poll.. is spanish really needed there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

History
    Anybody else doing Classics?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Business
    English, Irish, pass Maths, French, History, Biology and Music. Was doing Chemistry too but I managed to drop it since I'm doing Music outside of school. Life has been much easier since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ac-91

History
    im doin french, geog (i h8 dem 2) phsyics nd religion (i love religion coz its so interestn, we do philosophy as part of da course).....does ny1 else do religion? wat do u think of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Business
    I'm doing english, irish, maths, geography, history, biology and german.
    I love hsitory and geography and the biology is ok-ish but the german really grinds my balls.
    qz wrote:

No, what's it like though? I've always wanted to try it cos it soudns really interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

It sounds like you've all made your choices already, but for anyone that might be reading this from third/transition year, this is what I learned from school, and those last 2 years (and for those that have chosen - college!)

Picking 1 science, 1 language, 1 business, geography/history (Irish, English, Maths being core) is rubbish. Yes it gives you "a broad idea of what you'd like to pursue", but at the end of the day you want a good grade & POINTS for what you really want to do!! I ditched business altogether going into Leaving Cert because I hated it - when my teacher asked which of Business Organisation, Accountancy and Economics I was doing, she looked at me like she was sucking lemons when I told her "None of them actually"! I did 2 languages because that's what I was best at and they turned out to be my top 2 honours grades, getting me into Trinity college....this leads me on to lesson number 2!...

Just because you CAN get into Trinity college, doesn't mean you SHOULD!!! I HATED it! My teachers and points lead me into something that I didnt really want to do. Now, 8 years later, I'm finally following the path I should have followed when I was 18!

My point is, get all the points you can regardless but go with what you love, what you have an instinct for - you'll be better at it and love it more - You'll be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

German
    qz wrote:
    I am.
    I love Classics. I did Latin for the J.C so had a background for it when I took it up. So interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

History
    No, what's it like though? I've always wanted to try it cos it soudns really interesting.

It is the best subject ever. I just get so caught up in the stories. It's esay to learn about priests getting eaten by two huge snakes that come up out of the sea. :D It's a subject that you don't mind studying you know? I've been doing it since 1st year and I love it more and more every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Devil5434

Economics
    wers da option for accounting lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Geography
    I'm doing -

English
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    Biology
    Home-Ec
    Art
    LCVP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Business
    English, Irish, Maths, plus...

Physics
    Chemistry
    History
    Applied Maths
    French

Applied Maths and Maths are my two favourites, they're challenging, interesting and easy to study.
    Physics is next, I like the maths side of it but hate the pointless experiments.
    I find Chemistry very interesting despite some elements(hehe) of it I don't like.
    I don't particularly "like" Irish, but I'm in an all Irish school, guaranteed A2 at least, pretty damn easy for me :)

I like those 5 and know I can do well in them, but what will be the 6th subject I count I don't know...

I've stopped working in French since despite being pretty good at it I just hate it. I'm basically just getting Bs in every test and not trying. I don't like it since there's no definate way to study besides learning lists of vocab, which I detest. I find the grammar/verbs easy enough though.
    English is equivocal. I like it but I hate it. To do well would be a lot of hard work.
    History will probably be what I count. If I can improve my essay writing I'm sorted. I like it, but there's a lot of work involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Business
    I'm doing Irish, English, Maths, Physics (o), French, History and Business.

Business is probably my strongest subject. I find it reasonablt easy and a lot of it to be just common sense. Sure, some stuff like the EU's a balls, but I find management and the domestic units handy.

Then History, especially European history. I despise Movements for Reform as too much of it is based on social and cultural history for my liking. The Impact of Partition book's pretty interesting, but I've only done up until the treaty talks thus far. European books are relatively handy and pretty interesting for me.

I hate Physics and Maths with a passion. They're gonna bollix me up too when I go looking for points, as I need an average of b3 in higher everything...

Advertisement