Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DD gone awol

Options
  • 22-11-2006 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

Strange one this...

My DD for my mortgage payment (first payment too!) has apparently been received by the mortgage people..but isnt showing up on my account!

Should i keep schtum and hope nobody notices (running the risk that in a few months/years they come looking for it again)? Or should I tell my bank??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Give it a few days and then tell the bank if it doesn't show - there's no point in not telling them they'll cop on eventually and can take the payment whenever they want - bear in mind that when a company applies for a DD for one of their customers this is just an accounting function they then have to send a file to the bank with the instruction so for example I put a direct debit through for one of my customers today - this won't hit their bank for two working days but for accounts purposes we have applied and this shows on the customer account if the DD is bounced by the bank that amount is debited back on to the customer account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Clarify the bank account number and sort code they used to take the payment, some other poor sod might have got stung for it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

i clarified with the mortgage people both the account they debited (which is my account) and the date that they received the money (should have taken it the 18th but as that was a sat they took it on the monday morning). My account should be debited on the date they took it and x number of working days later the mortgage companys acc should be credited...so it definitely should have appeared on my ac.

Also rang my bank..they dont seem to care to be honest with you! The girl said that she'd fax the branch and let them contact me...havent heard anything from them yet.

Advertisement