Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCDSU Nomination Thread - POST HERE ONLY

Options
  • 22-11-2006 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

nope

Comments

Getting the names out early I see? Jebus, it isn't even Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Okay. Odd I just write a post saying that someone was bound to start this up (although i did think it would start closer to elections) and it happens

Fine if you heard it - there is speculation rife amongst people about who will run. Tbh I think it's unnecessary to post it here. If they intend on running they will make there wishes known. If you have only heard from sources - unaffliated or not it is not concrete in anyway, shape, or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I'm a big hack but like let's keep this lark to UCDSU boards or newswire. Work away when the elections are actually in the same calendar year but like no need for this now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Mods please lock this thread....tis ridiculous.Lets give this year officers a chance to do some work first before we start talking about next years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I don't think such speculation is fair to Ciara either. Especially since it is just that - ONLY SPECULATION, and pretty wild at that. As was said, this really doesn't need to be on boards, or even on newswire this early. It isn't constructive in any way, and as I said, isn't fair, and I hope it gets locked or even better deleted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thread title changed. This is going to be the only thread where you can discuss nominations for SU postitions for the next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Oh do we really need it this early??

Sorry I'm just sick of it already - elections aren't for months yet.

To further discussion, how about "UCDSU 'nomination and rumour' Thread".

/nosy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Can we please lock this until nominations are open, and this coming from ME!, like seriously, please.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Stop replying and let the thread die until the appropriate time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

Good god. Why would you possibly want to discuss this now? It's ridiculous enough around the time of the elections themselves but it is November. November! We need a bit of perspective here.....this is exactly the reason why I am wary of messaging boards such as these. It's too early for this kind of talk, let's concentrate on the job at hand eh?
    Speculation like this only alienates the students and increases the "corridor effect", everything that is wrong about the Union. And anyways. People will decide in time what their intentions are.

I promise if I decide I want to be Dave Curran when I grow up ya'll shall be the first people I will tell. After Dave of course :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John_boy

Miss Gaafia is right, we dont need this crap this side of x-mas... speculate all ye want, but keep your comments to yourselves....

I have bigger issues to deal with this side of christmas :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Surely an open and honest union wouldn't consist of reps asking a thread discussing their performance to be closed. If people are interested it will stay near the top, if not it won't, simple as that. What are you afraid of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Its November and the elections are on in March so its a long way now we usually only start talking about it in January.

Stop replying and let the thread die until the appropriate time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Good god. Why would you possibly want to discuss this now? It's ridiculous enough around the time of the elections themselves but it is November. November! We need a bit of perspective here.....this is exactly the reason why I am wary of messaging boards such as these. It's too early for this kind of talk, let's concentrate on the job at hand eh?
    Speculation like this only alienates the students and increases the "corridor effect", everything that is wrong about the Union. And anyways. People will decide in time what their intentions are.
    Then lets as Hulla said ignore them. Everyones in agreeance that its too early for them so this thread is just gonna get super spammed by people saying so. FORGET IT
    "Seán Óg Ó hAilpín: his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji. Neither a hurling stronghold."
    - Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh
    And I just noticed your signiture... YEA SEAN OG!! Saw him only 2 weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kick_the_baby

John Regan is running for Education.

He has spoken about to friends, and has been talking about it for about 2 weeks now, after making the decision with friends. He has drummed up alot of support from his class, as class rep. he has done alot this term for the class, and those he has asked are willing to help,
    He is also beginning to build a campaign team. Ive read two emails he has sent, both make it quite clear.

But, is it that you cannot do this? /Locks thread.

</Catherine Tate>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement