Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The George opening Friday (supposedly)

Options
  • 22-11-2006 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

It says The George Hotel on O'Connell Street is opening this friday 24 November. It's the newest hotel in the city centre. It was taken over in 2004 by Lynch Hotel Ltd and was completely refurbished.
    The Hotel was originally given an opening date of October 1st 2006, this was then changed to October 27th. It was then postponed a month to November 25th and then quickly changed a day early!
    Let's see will it actually open on Friday! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The furniture is in and the curtains are up for almost 2 weeks, so I don't see why it wouldn't be open by Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The only problem I see with it is.....it doesn't seem to have a front door. Now don't get me wrong it might just be me but when I go to a hotel I like to actually get inside it! :p

The only problem I see with it is.....it doesn't seem to have a front door. Now don't get me wrong it might just be me but when I go to a hotel I like to actually get inside it! :p
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Is the entrance not on Shannon St??????

I was under the impression the ground floor was retail

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I'm loving the blue lighting on the outside of it. It is looking well and can't wait to see it open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Anyone know who's going into the retail space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

ninty9er wrote:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Is the entrance not on Shannon St??????

I was under the impression the ground floor was retail

Ah!!! I see! I think an entrace on O'Connell Street would have been nicer somehow! But at least now it will add give Shannon Street even more life!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Were abouts in O connel street is this place (yes i see shannon st but dont know were that is)
    sorry born and breed in limerick (county) and i still dont know all the street names

between AIB and Savins on O'Connell St. don't know where the entrance is on Shannon St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Where abouts in O'Connel street is this place (yes I see Shannon st but dont know were that is)
    sorry born and breed in limerick (county) and I still dont know all the street names

and if anyone says they have never heard of the "George" ask them for the "Royal George" ........ cos that's what the sign said for all the time I passed it by ..... :p

I'll get me coat ..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'm loving the blue lighting on the outside of it. It is looking well and can't wait to see it open.

The blue lighting are a City Council initiative.
    The whole city is going to be covered with blue lights at night.
    Bedford row has them, outside the Opera Centre will have them, they're going to be put down on Henry street, and up by the Corn Market aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Anyone know if there is a nightclub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I think they are up at tait square as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

thanks guys
    wow thats a preety central location
    suprised i havent seen it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

The blue lighting are a City Council initiative.
    The whole city is going to be covered with blue lights at night.
    Bedford row has them, outside the Opera Centre will have them, they're going to be put down on Henry street, and up by the Corn Market aswell!

Another initiative ...............

The last one was every new building was to have Red Brick this was back in the late 80s.

See Liddy Street

Diversity is the only way.

Diversity with taste that is :)

Citys should not have a theme IMO

Another initiative ...............

The last one was every new building was to have Red Brick this was back in the late 80s.

See Liddy Street

Diversity is the only way.

Diversity with taste that is :)

Citys should not have a theme IMO

That red brick thing was to help preserve Limericks Georgian buildings!
    It was decided that all new buildings in certain areas of the city would have to try and match existing buildings, and I'm all for that.
    How ridiculous would some big steel building look next to all the Georgian buildings up on O'Connell Street!

Advertisement