Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett..gaming computers??

Options
  • 22-11-2006 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

ive just checked the gaming desktops at http://www.komplett.ie/k/cl.asp?bn=10627

and the computers have dropped around 200-400 in price..is this just a normal drop they have..or are they selling them with out teh graphics cards now because if you go into customise and go down to the graphic card selection the 7950gx2 isnt even there..even doh it says it on the description of the computer on the main gaming pc page..but i dunno..what you guys think..hopefully this is for real..:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thats weird? Are they giving the 7950GX2's away free with the rest of the PC? it looks like it? I'd say its a website glitch. Here, Igster, try it out and see if you have to pay full wack :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

That is weird but there's no way that can be as the cost of a 7950GX2 is still quite high.

Though in the custom section the Intel Extreme system also has a 7950GX2.

If it is true the only thing I can think of is that NVIDIA wants to clear as much left over stock of the 7950GX2 as possible because of the GF8 series. Also there is only one 7950GX2 left listed on Komplett with 2 in stock.

Would be interesting to see what happens if someone ordered one of the PC's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Personally I think the 7950GX2 has little useful life left in it now especially for people who desire the best anisotropic filtering quality. As shown here, the geforce 7 series keeps doing lacklustre filtering even when you turn on the high quality option in the control panel. Uncompromising individuals wouldn't wanna touch these previous generation cards now, no matter how much of a bargain they may be. Guess that explains the price reduction.

Also, these cards will go the way of the dodo once Microsoft starts campaigning for DirectX 10 only games which only run on Vista. I suppose Halo 2 on the PC will make a lot of people ditch their DX9 cards in order to see the game in its full DX10 glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

The 7950GX2 is still retailing at over 500 euro there though.
    I checked the customize options etc and it either shows no GPU or a 6600GT.
    I reckon I'm gonna buy the standard and see if I can get it all for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

DAMN, I tried buying one of them and the 7950GX2 disappears from the order.
    Its not included.
    Thought I was in there for a minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

haha..ah well it was too good to be true :( ..

i was like yessah when i first saw it..but ah well..ill just have to wait till next year to see have prices dropped much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The choice of gfx cards is pretty ****, all it offers is old 6 series cards for crazy prices?

yeah i know whats up with that..they might just be waiting to put the new 8800gtx and gts cards in as the main gfx card for the computer..

since the x1950xt still isnt availble to choose in any of the prebuilt pc customistaion sections..i might just build my own after all..unless the 8800gts model actually comes onto the list on the custom pc tab..

this is what i got so far

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=receive&si=404477&su=2E811EB9-2313-4986-812D-64224029BBC0

is there a difference in having two 1gb sticks of ram and having four 512mb sticks of ram when gaming..because ill probably be adding a further two more 512 sticks into this after a month or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

as a rough guide:
    4 sticks of ram = less overclock
    2 sticks of ram = more overclock

but i know for definet that i will not be overclocking this..so will four sticks instead of two make a real difference..like the performance in games ..??

with four stix does it mean that only one channel of two ram slots get used at the same time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

go with 2 sticks, even if it doesn't show much performance increase, it will let you upgrade to 4 gigs when games require it (and they will :rolleyes:)

but i will not have thje cash to buy the 2 stciks at the same time..it will take me about 3-4 weeks after january to get the money for the extra gig of ram :(

so i gotta get one gig now and the other a few weeks after..unless i can wait..but im waiting long enough as it is :(

Advertisement