Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 9 Smart Broadband Problem

Options
  • 22-11-2006 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have Smart Broadband in Dublin 9 for almost a year and its been great. Today around 12 noon I lost my connection, I tried again at about 3pm and I still could not connect. Its still down now. It had been working fine earlier in the morning.

I rang Smart CS to see if there was a network problem and was told the broadband was working fine. They said I could have a problem with my modem.

I checked the Modem and everything appears to be OK.

I came on here to see if any other Smart BB customers in Dublin 9 have had similar problems today before I go out and purchase a new router

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ecodub wrote:
    I have Smart Broadband in Dublin 9 for almost a year and its been great. Today around 12 noon I lost my connection, I tried again at about 3pm and I still could not connect. Its still down now. It had been working fine earlier in the morning.

I rang Smart CS to see if there was a network problem and was told the broadband was working fine. They said I could have a problem with my modem.

I came on here to see if any other Smart BB customers in Dublin 9 have had similar problems today before I go out and purchase a new router

Thanks

Best option is to try the smart support forum the guys there are very helpful.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jean Dwyer

ecodub wrote:

Thanks

I was on to smart telecom this morning for the same problem in dublin 8 and they told me that there was an issue with third party modems getting logged onto the system and they are working on it they had a "few" calls about it this morning i called at 9.30am. I tried my old Aolynk router and that worked so used that for a while. My 3com router back on line now and all is well.
    Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

Jean Dwyer wrote:
    I was on to smart telecom this morning for the same problem in dublin 8 and they told me that there was an issue with third party modems getting logged onto the system and they are working on it they had a "few" calls about it this morning i called at 9.30am. I tried my old Aolynk router and that worked so used that for a while. My 3com router back on line now and all is well.
    Hope this helps

I managed to get a loan of a Aolynk Modem (Smart Offering) and it works fine, I haven't managed to get my own wireless modem working. I'll take your coments on board and give it another try later or over the weekend.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm probably on a different exchange, but for what it's worth I'm using my own Netgear modem and it's fine. I have noticed a couple of times in the past where I've briefly been unable to connect using it, and the Aolynk one has worked, and plugging back in the Netgear worked, but not sure whether that was something wrong at my end that was fixed by unplugging and replugging the Netgear. Might be no harm to check your firmware is up to date, and that you haven't somehow lost any of your connection settings.

Advertisement