Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I...?

• 22-11-2006 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

get a cheap realistic looking bb gun in limerick/clare/galway?
    any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

get a cheap realistic looking bb gun in limerick/clare/galway?
    any help greatly appreciated.

Hi, you cannot get one at the moment or they are very hard to find. We are all buying ours from abroad, mostly Asia and the US. There is a shop in Athlone that Scope was sayiong will be getting some in but he does not yet know exactly whet he will be selling. Nearest place you could probably buy one over the counter would be up in the North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

or wait for toys 4 big boys to come around again

*still angry*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

What exactly do you want it for? "Cheap looking realistic"...sounds dodgy to me.

Master of the Universe

Actually yeah, something a little scary about the way that was worded.

Actually 4 words caught me together...cheap, realistic looking and gun.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

i have a feeling we have another person who has a great costume idea. That would explain the cheap and realistic.

Either that or he thinks there are a lot of grannies out there with handbags that need to be taken care of :D

Well buy a full metal GBB then w/silencer. Thats realism, you can even fire a shot into the air to show it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

Hi Lads, everyone keeps asking the same questions, (where can I buy airsoft products in Ireland) and as I said before, BFSL.
    BFSL stock a lot of airsoft and paintball stuff, just call them 014265852, they have gas, BBs and guns in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭johnser

Who are BFSL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

And where are they?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

BFSL? who are they? I've been on here more or less every day since the forum began and I've never heard that name mentioned before. If there is genuinely someone in Ireland who wants to sell airsoft like that they should really start up a website and post the link here. They'd get quite a lot of business indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

The guys name is Derek. I sent him a list to get a quote for and he replied saying he was ordering the list for me. After I replied to him saying I did yet want to buy anything from him he never replied back to me. He has got an impressive catalog but it is in French and it has no prices. He told me he is currently getting it translated to English. I am still hoping to hear back from him as it would be great to have a supplier in Ireland for consumables at least. If any one wants his catalog PM me your email and I will forward it to you.

Master of the Universe

That catalog is excellent. Cant wait to see it in English...with some prices ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Hi. My buddy bought an electric MP5 a2 from Derek made by Classic Army I think. Paid €340, had a go last week. Great fun! Very realistic. I got a KW M9 off him too for the craic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

I got a CZ75 off him....Very realistic and great to shoot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 line-o-sight

All, have seen these airsoft pistols, excellent bit ‘o kit. Good weight in hand, realistic feel. Hitting paper target with BBs from good 20 feet away, great fun.
    My mate got his through Derek at BFSL.
    Thinking of a Christmas prezzy of one for meself. Taurus 9mm replica maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭vlmaxis

Hi Lads
    I know a guy who got an M15A4 CQB (what a piece of kit) from BFSL, Their Catalogue is very impressive, if you ring them they will give you prices and as far as I know they are setting up a website.
    There are some retailers selling airsoft gear around the country including the markets, this is rubbish gear, buy the branded stuff.
    I contacted BFSL and got a can of winter gas for €16 and 4000 Walther BBs for €22, they have cheaper BBs but these are excellent.
    All the practical pistol lads are buying from BFSL, their ordering replicas of their own guns to practice with, me included.

Taurus 9mm replica it is then.
    Rang Derek at BFSL on 014265852 and all sorted for Christmas so. (happy days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Is it just me or does this thread sound like one big (bad) attempt at advertising without actualy advertising?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's definitely walking the line between testimonial (which is permitted) and advertising (which is not). Bit more care needed from the principals here.

• Advertisement

I noticed it before but didnt say anything but when a guys irst post is saying how he bought stuff from this place that has just set up its abit dodgy. Im sure there would be no problem if they just posted in the where to buy thread. after all thats what its for and we all want a local supplier anyway.

vlmaxis posts a fair bit over on the shooting forum as well spitfire (mostly to give me a hard time :D ), so it's not his very first post. Mind you, vl, out of ten posts in here only one of them isn't about promoting BFSL so enough already.

Sparks wrote:
    vlmaxis posts a fair bit over on the shooting forum as well spitfire (mostly to give me a hard time :D ), so it's not his very first post. Mind you, vl, out of ten posts in here only one of them isn't about promoting BFSL so enough already.

i ment lin-o-sight.

I wasnt getting at anyone. Its not my job to preach the charter and ive never done it, i just pointed it out coz i thought it was funny.

i ment lin-o-sight.
    Hmmmm.
    Not impressed, it looks like a duplicate account.
    *sigh*
    *puts on mod hat and picks up LART*

Sparks wrote:
    Hmmmm.
    Not impressed, it looks like a duplicate account.
    *sigh*
    *puts on mod hat and picks up LART*

You mean......... a mighty mod didn't spot the blatently obvious? Something that any half decent mod should be able to spot straight away??????????

What is the world comming to?

Only joking by the way.

Spitfire banned for abuse of the moderator.

[nelson]Ha-ha[/nelson]
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

VLMAXIS and I both shoot with practical with Derek and have bought stuff off him so it's a fair post.

Yeah, but one in eleven posts sidney? It's a tad excessive.
    I'm not saying ye can't talk about the crowd, just that giving out their details without talking about your experiences with them is borderline advertising and you have to draw a line somewhere.

Master of the Universe

*Nods in agreement*

There was a blanket advertisement campaign across several threads yesterday about this place. I hinted at maybe putting it altogether in one thread. Seems to have been ignored though.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote:
    Spitfire banned for abuse of the moderator.

Abuse? i was being sincere?
    :cool:

All , deeply sorry if I’ve upset anyone on my two posts , to be blatantly honest it’s my first time on boards (indeed any chat room) so got carried away when I had something positive to say.
    I know better now !

P.S. , I was speaking with Paul at the outdoor / fishing shop down by the quays in Wicklow and he’s just started to stock these airsoft pistols. Hope this helps someone.
    Good luck.

P.P.S . account’s not a duplicate , seems I work in same company as another user.

All the best.

Gotta post here and say Derek from BFSL is a bang up guy, dealt with him the other day and will defo be going back.

Advertisement