Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipper near IT Carlow?

• 22-11-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

OK, this has not much to do with the IT itself, but the peeps here would be more helpfull than the other forums.

Was walking through Carlow today, going from the IT to the bus station, and I decided to get some garlic'n'cheese chips. To my hoor, the usual place (the one beyond the Foundry) was closed, so I thought, I want garlic'n'cheese chips bad, so I'll get it in the place next to the Roadhouse, but alas, that was also closed. Roadhouse isn't an option, and MacDee's doesn't to garlic'n'cheese chips. I get massive food poisoning from Abrakadamra, so thats a no-no, so does anyone know of a good, unhealthy chipper in Carlow.

Didn't have time, but I think there's one down past The Barracks, but I dunno.

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Umberta's down Dublin street or the Golden Grill on Dublin Street

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

golden grill is nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Roccos/Roccas, second Umbertas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

pay the extra for a sit down SAVAGE plate of taco fries and a 1/4 pounder with a pint of milk in Golden grill

Umbertos can be d-d-d-dodgy! Both on Dublin st

Roccas is nice alright

Cant beat d oul Mickey Dees though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

the blue place near the roadhouse does the best half pounder in all of vietnam. mwah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

for a garlic cheese chip go to supermacs they are the best.... for all those ppl calling the chippers umbertas its UMBERTOS and its quite nice the golden grill and Roccas also do the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

stay away from supermacs...got food poising from their 2 months ago....got it very bad aswell. All i had was a bacon cheese burger, should be ok with the garlic cheese n chips though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

for a garlic cheese chip go to supermacs they are the best.... for all those ppl calling the chippers umbertas its UMBERTOS and its quite nice the golden grill and Roccas also do the trick
    Dear gawd no! They put salt on their chips, and salt + garlic is "ughh!", tbh :(

Also, I think the blue place near Roadhouse is one of the places closed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Fast Eddies, It is the most wonderfuil chippers in all of Carlow possibley the best chippers ever.

Roccas is ok too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Moonbeam wrote:

Roccas is ok

Blasphemer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We ate from there alot after the great kitchen incident of 2001 as they deliver and also because it was beside our favourite pub,but there is little comparison!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The blue one next to the Roadhouse was open today, so got a cheese burger + garlic'n'cheese chips:cool: Yummeh! Looks the same. Dunno why it was closed last time:confused:

And yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be dying of food posioning tomorrow:(
    Moonbeam wrote:
    the great kitchen incident of 2001
    I still lol @ this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

supermacs taco chips are worth killing for! I ate them every day for three weeks in a row coming up to exam time last year. Morgan Spurlock would be proud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Best Chippers in town

Golden Grill, Dub St
    Umbertos, Dub St
    Florinos, Wex Rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

supermacs taco chips are worth killing for! I ate them every day for three weeks in a row coming up to exam time last year. Morgan Spurlock would be proud

come on there not even hot :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Advertisement