Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP getyourcomics.com

Options
  • 22-11-2006 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Dear Customer.
    Getyourcomics will no longer be taking new orders. Everything ordered up until this point will ship as usual, but we will not be supplying comics from January onwards. Comics ordered will continue to ship through November, and until the end of December.
    I would like to personally thank all of our customers for their continued support and custom, and it’s been a pleasure to be able to supply comics for so many for so long. I’m truly sad to have to close Getyourcomics, but unfortunately it is no longer possible for us to continue trading. We hope you enjoyed our service while it was there.
    I hope that this provides everyone with enough notice to arrange getting their comics from another source.
    Hope to see you all around at conventions and on forums and such in the future, unfortunately I won’t be attending the Dublin Comic-Convention, but we will definitely be making future cons, and will by no means be dropping completely from the comics scene. See you around..
    Best Wishes,
    Colin,
    Managing Director
    Commander in Chief
    Senior Partner
    And Captain of the Good Ship
    Getyourcomics
    www.getyourcomics.com (RIP)

‘Because I am done with this thing called work,
    the paper-clips and staples of it all’
    Simon Armitage

(couldn't resist throwing in the quote, it's been bouncing around my head all week)

Colin.

-From their mailout.

Im very sad, I got a lot of stuff off em in the last while and really enjoyed their service. Im sad I dont get to talk to the lads on sat either. Im surprised they arent going to be there to sell off whatever stock they have left too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Longshadow

I just came online to post this to the Getyourcomics thread, looks like you beat me to it.. Anyways, I'm sad to see Getyourcomics go too, believe me. There goes my comic subscription and my job..
    There's a slim chance I may make the Dublin Comic-con, but it's unlikely, which sucks, I was really looking forward to it, but basically, the fact that Getyourcomics will cease trading is really throwing things up in the air for me, so attending likely won't be possible.
    Hopefully see people at the next con anyways.
    Bring me back something nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Mate you have to stall it to the con its gonna be a good larf, i need some faces i know to ward off the nerds!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

/me cries :(
    This is more hurtful than being ginger... Now I shall have to go to RL shops to buy me comics.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Aw, that really sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

Sorry to hear it man. My condolences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss Shelly

I'll bring you back a badger?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

What the hell is it with hawt men and badgers?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i hope it wasnt stalkage threats :(

Advertisement