Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GPS and Mobile Help Please!

• 23-11-2006 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I am just reading up on gettin GPS on my new Nokia N72, i ave a few quesions though if anyone can help.

I need to get software first ye?? Such as route 66?

Is that all i need or do i have to but a gps receiver?

Do these sonnect to the internet or are they free?

Is this all worth the hassle?

Any help would be greatley appreciated,

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

apeking wrote:
    Hey folks,

I am just reading up on gettin GPS on my new Nokia N72, i ave a few quesions though if anyone can help.

I need to get software first ye?? Such as route 66?
    yes, you need to get sofware like route 66
    apeking wrote:
    Is that all i need or do i have to but a gps receiver?
    yes, you need to buy a bluetooth gps receiver
    apeking wrote:
    Do these sonnect to the internet or are they free?
    i don't know what you mean. a gps receiver receives signals from satellites to calculate your coordinates, passes it to the software on your phone via bluetooth and the software shows you where on the map you are. the internet isn't involved
    apeking wrote:
    Is this all worth the hassle?
    there's not much hassle involved tbh. i have a gps and its helped me out a good few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yeah that should do it

Advertisement