Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diary of a debutante

Options
  • 23-11-2006 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Anyone catch this on tv3? There were some UCD girlies on it and one made a huge show of herself.

Her date had cancelled for the Debs and she's all upset:
    "I'll have to go on my tobler-!"

Seemed to portray UCD students in a certain light too, huh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Toshally,loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Haven't seen it, but to be honest if you say UCD people automatically have that kind of an impression. It's all about stereotypes.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I know the guy who she went with in the end and I was talking to him in the bar that day at about 3pm. He was slurring words and being overbearish at that stage! He was hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Hey... I was young once...

But I came from the inner city:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

I went to UCD and - no I am not from Dublin 4 - more like Northside Dublin and Limerick rared. Anyway, there were a lot of those idiots there but you just had to laugh at them, UCD is so big theres all sorts there. And no, I didn't see that programme, but have heard some girl Mica or something made a fool of herself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

secrecy_ie wrote:
    I went to UCD and - no I am not from Dublin 4 - more like Northside Dublin and Limerick rared. Anyway, there were a lot of those idiots there but you just had to laugh at them, UCD is so big theres all sorts there. And no, I didn't see that programme, but have heard some girl Mica or something made a fool of herself.[/QUOTE

Hello Emma:)
    Norfside and Limerick rared.....wouldnt want to meet u in a dark alley;)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

Ha ha - thanks Elisa, london and limerick rared. You're even worse.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Many people from D4 are in ucd. Some of them speak a certain way. Some don't. Many people aren't from D4. A lot of D4 heads I know are quite sound, a few aren't - same mix you'll get anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Ever hear of a Ringsend Uppercut? And Ringsend is in D 4....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

If I ever meet any of those involved in UCD, I pray that I have a box of eggs within ready reach. Not for disgracing the name of UCD, just for being silly bints on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I was cringing watching that last night. Those two UCD girls were such idiots. The blonde one was worse, think she used to be in fair city. Makes you proud to be a northsider ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I was watchng that last night. I think the UCD girl came out the worst. I'd say the tv producers wanted to find a 'D4' girl and she was a good match. Funny how it all fell apart for her in the end. She was certainly portrayed as being extremely obnoxious.

The Latvian girl was portrayed the best I think. She seemed really sweet.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Did anyone else notice that the Latvian girl's date ended up on his own? It looked like she went of with some guy with long hair and a beard. Bad buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=17779964

She's got her Mojo back!! BANTERIFFIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Pythia wrote:
    I was watchng that last night. I think the UCD girl came out the worst. I'd say the tv producers wanted to find a 'D4' girl and she was a good match. Funny how it all fell apart for her in the end. She was certainly portrayed as being extremely obnoxious.

The Latvian girl was portrayed the best I think. She seemed really sweet.
    I know Mica and she's a really nice girl really...they do a lot of editing in these kind of shows to portray a certain image, but it was entertaining to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

your one Mica wasn't too bad on her own but her blonde friend was a complete tool, you'd swear she was gorgeous the way she was going on when in fact she was well rough.

and there I was thinking the Ross O Carroll Kelly books unfairly stereotyped southside Dubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

they were all ugly cows...harsh but true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

diary of a Prick

this is such bullsh*t television, my super sweet bollix infiltrates irish television....we watch such sh1t these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I'm glad you guys watched it and not me. D4 is a state of mind not a physical place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Scraggy

Exar Khun wrote:
    D4 is a state of mind not a physical place.

the ironic this is people who subscribe to that state of mind are too stupid to realise the truth in that statement (see CTN thread) . I didnt catch the show myself but im sure it was horrid , RTE taking the mick and copying My Super Sweet Sixteen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

I've just found out that my daughter was on this show - for all of two minutes!...but still I'd love a copy - did anyone tape it by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Maybe the people who were on it... I wish I could be of assistance, but I didn't know it existed until it was posted here.

Kildrought wrote:
    I've just found out that my daughter was on this show - for all of two minutes!...but still I'd love a copy - did anyone tape it by any chance?

I checked Google/Youtube but had no luck.. I'd imagine that Tv3 will definitely be repeating it sometime though because:

1) they never make their own primetime shows so they'll be proud that they've made one
    2) i'd say it won in the ratings, it was sandwiched between 2 Corries and hey, everyone loves Debs

Some related links my Google search turned up:

http://www.magicmum.com/phpBB/diary-of-a-debutante-vt42200.html
    http://blogorrah.com/introducingthe-debutards.html
    Mica wrote:
    katie and i are grade-a banter. you are just saps who cannot handle the banter. are you happy now that you have our bebo addresses so you can sit at your computer all day and stalk us? tossers. also, katie cullen made fair city what it is today, whatever that may be. that is all. good day.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

Ha Mica was in My school!!!!!!!!!!

She made an absolute fool of herself at the debs and got kicked out rightfully so. She brought gate crashers and still hasn't paid for her date's ticket leaving the girl she bought it from out of pocket.

The worst thing is it's not a ploy, that is exactly how she wanted to be portrayed on TV, She wanted it to be the Irish version of 'My Super Sweet 16th'.

Oh and surprise surprise she is actually born and reared in The US.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

attention seeking tit she was, she's pissy cos peeps are looking at her bebo. i bet she'd be more pissed if people ignored her. i'm fairly sure her mate had nites, she hand one hand glued to her hair the whole time. she must be a very sad person the act like that on national television, she needs a good slap and a mirror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Did anybody read the Letters section of the Observer some guy gave a excellent summary and analysis of the programme.

Have a read of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

Got a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

nikolaitr wrote:
    Got a link?

I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Well then check!
    I hate to do it, but its: "I don't, no."

• Advertisement

Is this the UCD newspaper you're talking about?

Advertisement