Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chobits?

Options
  • 23-11-2006 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just wondering whether anyone has seen the anime series of Clamp's Chobits? What did you think of it if so?

I haven't read all the mangas but the anime series, in my opinion, was pretty entertaining..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

I watched all of it, its one of my favorite anime, love the music, and the crazy plot, the main guy is a bit of a twat though, but likable, I wish I had one of those robots P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Just got first dvd. Watched it in japanese though, didn't like the dub. Very very very funny. Although Chi's on switch is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cheshire_Grin

GWolf wrote:
    Just got first dvd. Watched it in japanese though, didn't like the dub. Very very very funny. Although Chi's on switch is just wrong.

Totally agree, such a pervy show really! But it's so much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

"Chii ?"

Great show and once you get over the giggles the concepts it deals with are well handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Read the manga. It's alright, but I think I'll give the show a miss -- story wasn't anything spectacular, y'know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

/shrug

I don't always want my anime to be serious moving and tough provoking or big mechs.

Chobits was something not to take seriously and has a few good giggle in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

True -- I've been looking at mainly silly stuff myself lately (all that angsty mech drama crap gets annoying after a while); but I don't think I'd watch the same story twice, unless it deviated a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buttermilk

I preferd the manga to the anime. I liked the pervy humour its so true!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I used to love anime, then I watched 5 episode of chobits. haven't watched anime since.

awful, awful, awful.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I especially loved the part where the lead character stuck his finger in the prepubescent robot's "chii-spot" rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I watched them all on Youtube (they have them in english) and I loved them - Chii is just too cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Mordeth wrote:
    awful, awful, awful.
    Concur.

Chobits: Just say noe

(Watch NHK instead!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 shadowmanman

I'm about halfway through the Anime and have read the first two of the Manga, fantastic Animation and a great story!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

593329471619644750515974_parody3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 shadowmanman

CuLT wrote:
    593329471619644750515974_parody3.jpg

I'm now scared for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Didn't love it, didn't hate it, thought it was pretty meh.
    Still, was from Clamp, so being the Clamp-whore I am, I watched it all the way through.

Advertisement