Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snags for back row of houses in Charlesland Park

Options
  • 23-11-2006 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there,

We are due to move into the back row of houses in Charlesland Park and was wondering if anyone had any update on their snag. We were told that we would get the letter last week but no sign of it so far. Would like to get the house before christmas as have a rather large furniture delivery from ikea coming soon!

Has anyone heard anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

We were also due to receive our snag letter this week and I spoke with Orla on Monday and was told that we won't be getting it until the end of next week now. I was down there over the weekend and all the landscaping has yet to be done. Not feeling that confident that we will be in for Christmas...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Active8

Whilst I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, I doubt very much you will be in by Christmas. We are due to move into the second last row and have been delayed by about 3 weeks because of the ESB's delay in connecting up the houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MrsJ

Initially we were also told that we could expect to snag end of last week by Orla in durkan's but after a visit to the site yesterday and a chat with the site foreman we have established that we will not be snagging before the first week of December. We were allowed in to our house and while most of the work is done there are a few area's that still need some work, and ESB is not connected yet. The garden is still a pile of muck and none of the paving at the front had been done! this doesn't inspire confidence that we will be in before Christmas but one can only live in hope.

anyone have any idea as to what the monstrosity in between the 2nd last and the last row of houses is supposed to be?

Funny we were told by the foreman last Monday that the ESB was all in and connected just that very morning! And the other thing he said was that all the sub-contractors would be off site by the end of November at the very latest...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

i was told on wednesday by the foreman not to hold my breath about being in by christmas. so i guess i'll be pulling a few lonely crackers with my hubbie and baby son in our temporary rented accommodation which i'm paying through the nose for because we were served notice on, and had to move out of, our house by the buyers while our storage bills clock up by the day....hurray. anyone else looking forward to christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Active8

MrsJ wrote:
    anyone have any idea as to what the monstrosity in between the 2nd last and the last row of houses is supposed to be?

Its either

A): What they now call Art or

B): They had a s**t load of excess soil and instead of taking it away decided to build a retaining wall between the two rows and shovel it all in there.

Has anybody heard the latest on snagging this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

:D Hi all. I am new to Boards and having benefited from all the comments and info here to date thought I would share the bit of info we got yesterday.

I called the foreman Greg and he said that they were sending out the snag letters for our block this Friday. When I started to get excited about the idea that we might be in before the new year, he then said that it might be early next week before the letters are sent. At least it seems that things really are moving and we will be snagging very soon. We drove by on Sunday and could see that there were pavements and the material for the driveways had been delivered. The far end even has gutters - ours doesn't. We can't wait to move in. Starting to get excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MrsJ

We are in block 64 and we were told that we would not be snagging until early next week. (which probably translates to mid - December!)

we got our snag letter today. still no electricity so will need obviously to snag twice. phoned durkans to clarify a few things and they were really condescending and arrogant. correct me if i'm wrong but i was told i'd be moved in by end of september and am currently out a pocket living in a rented apartment with my partner and a small baby paying to have my belongings stored. have just been told by durkan that i have to snag between the hours they give on the snag letter (fair enough), submit only one snag list despite there being no electricity (it gets pretty dark early these days lads, am pretty sure i won't spot it all without leccie never mind checking appliances) and i have to snag within the next 7 days. i am spending a bleeding fortune on this house so why is it always on their terms?

am really fuming as you can guess. but why should we be now pressured and rushed into closing. am moving from within the charlesland development so believe me, i know how long our last snag list was - 8 pages.

• Advertisement

The cheek of them saying ou can only submit 1 snag list. What happens if you find problems with the electrics on the 2nd snag (have you no comeback then?) considering you can only submit 1 list.

Neets - your caught between a rock and a hardplace by the sounds of it. And I bet they are going to put pressure on everyone to complete asap.

want to hear a laugh? after the fiasco yesterday regarding having to comply with the terms of their letter and snag within 7 days yadda yadda... i phoned the foreman today and he said we wouldn't be able to snag until at least monday!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Please see this arcticle by the Law society....

http://www.lawsociety.ie/newsite/Committees_&_Practice_Notes/Conveyance/unfairterms.pdf

Your are allowed to submit as many snag lists as you like provided the lists are submitted before the date the list is requested by. But in essence you only end submitting one list as you'll only have time to submit one!

Usually a developer will give your two weeks to submit a list but sometimes they exercise the right to only allow 7 days for you to turn around a snag list.

I suppose this is where you probably need to employ a profssional to conduct a snagging survey.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Sorry to hear that they are not allowing a second snag.

A friend of mine sent me their snag which was done for them by professionals. In it they said something like "Client reserves the right to re-snag all window glass once it has been cleaned inside and out (to check for scratches). The client reserves the right to re-snag the central heating upon commissioning. The client reserves the right to re-snag the electrical installation once the supply is turned on."

This seems reasonable to me and should be allowed.

Are you in the block furthest from the appartments Neets? We are in the block clostest to appartments and don't have our letter yet. Guess they are working in order of number.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

thanks for that sso. we're closer to the top of the hill so they must be working from the top down. thanks for the tip regarding the snag list. we're getting a friend of ours to snag - he's a surveyor but i'd love to see a section of it just to get an idea of the detail. would you have any objections to sending me a pm with a sample?

Hi all,

We just heard today that we won't be getting our snag letter until next Friday. The snag can be done Monday to Friday from 8.30 till 4pm or Saturday between 8am and 12midday.

Has anyone else heard when their letters will be issued?

Hi,

I got an email from Orla today saying our snag letter is going out this monday (the 4th). :)

Hi Neets,

Just wondering what Durkan said about the steps to the front given you are snagging at the minute? I took a spin down yesterday and none of the 3 beds have steps in/driveways. We are due to get our letter tomorrow and don't know how we are meant to access the house without the steps.

confused

cuddydale

hi cuddydale.

not what i wanted to hear!!!!! we were told that our steps were being put in last week and that the house would be ready to snag tomorrow (monday). but judging by your mail that aint gonna happen! i foolishly took them at their word and was assuming my steps were in by now. i didn't get a chance to have a look at the weekend.

it's all a bit annoying considering we got our snag letter last tuesday. looks like they're starting to put the pressure on to try and get finished up and get their money. but how in god's name can we snag properly with no steps and no electricity! we're a bit ahead of you cuddydale but to be honest i really don't think we've much chance getting in before christmas. on top of it all i was in bargaintown on saturday and they were very doubtful that they'd be able to lay the carpet this side of christmas. tis the season to be grumpy:mad:

sorry to be the bearer of bad news regarding the steps.

i knew we wouldn't be in for christmas given we have to get the floors sorted. i was kinda hoping that we would have our key though and be ready to move in Jan.

please let me know how you get on with the snag. hopefully it won't be too painful.

cheers
    cuddydale

• Advertisement

Hi all,

We were told we'd be getting our snag letter today but they have pushed it back a week "due to the bad weather". At this stage I am doubting if we will even have our snag letter by Christmas. We live in hope though! How are the rest of you getting on?

we were told today that the house won't be ready for snagging until next week. we received our snag letter 2 weeks ago!!!! so i guess there's zero hope of being in by christmas. we're near the top of the hill.

Our update today was we should be snagging next week also. Still no ESB. The landscaping is been done at the minute.

Neets - our steps went in today. Yours must be done as they are working down the hill. I am going to drive down tomorrow morning so I will let you know how progress is.

was up at the site on sunday for a quick squizz. our steps are in now and very lovely they are too - done with the cobble lock paving no less by the looks of it. only have seven so not too bad. having said that, the place is still a mess. they haven't done our front drive yet but all of the two beds have been done. i presume that's cos they'e going to put a bit of a garden in front like the other blocks?

looks as if there's going to be a serious slope to the common area too. should make for some interesting kiddies football games.

i'd say it's deffo after christmas before we'll be in folks so won't be getting to know you all over mulled wine and mince pies.

Hi Neets,

What's the story with your snag? We are still bloody waiting for our letter.... Steps look fine - although I thought they would have been deeper for some reason. Do you think we will get a bit of grass on the front or not?

Has anybody else done their snag? If so, how did you get on?

i've given up talking to durkan - orla was downright rude to me the last time i phoned (about 2 weeks ago) so am just going directly to the foreman. as i said, i got my letter nearly three weeks ago but the house is still not ready to snag! so i guess it's worthless at this stage. hopefully it will be ready this week. will keep you posted.

by the ways folks did you see primetime last night? bloody hell!

I have also been talking to Greg. He told me today it might be next week before we have out letter - which means no hope of having our snag list done by Christmas. I saw the driveways and steps. Better than I had expected. I'm really happy we are in the back row. We had originally been in the row facing the back row. We would have been looking out straight into a wall! It is worth the wait to be in our row!

Anyway Greg also said that there is still no power. I do think though that it will all move fairly quickly once our snag lists are in. At least they won't be doing our snag while building other houses - they will just have our lists to work on. The other thing is that Breretons said that their carpets are all going on sale straight after Christmas so if we aren't moving in before Christmas we will save 10 - 15% of price of carpets. Still waiting to hear if Bargaintown says the same. So there may be a plus side to all the waiting!

Hope you like the desperate attempt to put a positive spin on it!!!! ;)

What are they saying about snagging? They told me I could definitely snag this week but still haven't heard a dickie bird. I just wish they would be honest instead of saying it will be next week (which is what i have been told for the last 4 weeks) it is becoming very annoying. I take it there is still no ESB on site?

Sorry sso - I hadn't read your thread before posting my last post. thanks for the update. are you in a 3 bed?

• Advertisement

No problem Cuddydale. We are in a two bed in the last block.

Advertisement