Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snags for back row of houses in Charlesland Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

Hi all,

I guess at this stage some of you have completed your snag lists. How was it? How long do you think it will take to fix everything up? Did you find many problems? We are due to get our letter sometime this week and I'm just curious.

Thanks. S

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

We are snagging tomorrow so i will let you know how we get on. Am also going to meet the snag guy there for a nose around as it is been that long since i seen the house i can't remember what it looks like! i am really hoping the snag list won't be that bad. still no electric though.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

hey folks,

who have you been dealing with over your snagging? did you get a letter or have you been chasing it up yourselves with durkan or greg lyons? no one from durkans has contacted us since the snag letter we got a month ago - the whole notion of customer service seems to be low on the agenda. we've had to phone greg for an update each week. he told us we might as well wait til this week as he said the leccie would be in. sounds as if it's not! makes me wonder what sort of time pressure we're under from date of carrying out the snag to closing as we have no official letter to go by now.

Got home today to find our snag letter waiting - didn't expect it until the very end of the week. I think they are probably going to complete the whole row together by the sound of things. Does anyone know if we can actually snag this week - when do they get their holidays? I know you have had to wait ages to actually snag since getting your letter but nonetheless we are so excited to have the letter in our hands!

sorry cuddydale, didn't notice your reply before. Good luck tomorrow. I have a feeling things will move quickly now - except for the whole Christmas holidays thing :-)

• Advertisement

delighted to hear you've got your letter sso. sounds like they want to do all the houses together. don't know whether we can snag this week as we haven't heard from anyone from durkans yet. hopefully we'll get a call today. if not, a happy to leave it til after christmas. good news is we'll be able to buy our carpets and floors in the sales!!!!!

has anyone been up at the site lately? how does it look? cuddydale, do the 3 bed houses have a lawn area in front or is it just a driveway?

We received our snag letter last Friday and I called Greg straight away to organise the appointment. He told me we could get in any time this week and was very helpful. So I would call asap to get in to do it. Obviously we will have to go back and test the power but at least they can get started with the rest of the stuff. Will let you know about the landscaping.

Generally the snag was ok. It was mainly lots and lots of decorative issues ie paint work, most of the sockets need straighting up, radiator pipes plus radiators need to be straighten up. Most of the window frames and doors need sanding down and re-varnishing etc. and just generally a good clean required all round. Back gardens are all done with fences and sheds in. The lovely wall ... has 2 trellis's fitted with ivy creepers. Our front has still yet to be done. I spoke to Greg and it should be around the middle of Jan before we are in. They are currently waiting on the curb to go in before they start landscaping the green in front.

Thanks for the update. That sounds encouraging. Once we actually get to move in in January I'll be happy. We're doing our snag on Friday. Can't wait to get inside again and see how it looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Geraldine Carro

Hi All,

We snagged well before Christmas and are back into the usual bout of phonecalls to Durkans / Greg this year. Apparantly the block has been made live now and they are finalising our snags. We visited on Saturday for a look and there was still a bit to do by the looks of things (they don't appear to be working on Saturdays as they were before Christmas). Anyway let's hope we're all in by the end of Jan?!?!

G

• Advertisement

just a quick question. in our kitchen they haven't put a mixer tap in, they've put in two separate taps. have all the houses in the park got the same? i'm putting it down as a snag - the showhouse had a proper mixer tap, as did our last house in the grove.

Hi all,

We are also making the regular calls to Greg. He told me today that they'd have done our snags (if that's the term) by the end of next week. Then the closing apparantly can be quite quick - like one week (he he - I'll be shocked). Of course in reality there will still be things undone at the second visit which will take at least a week if not two and then there will be inevitable delays at closing. At this stage I have no hope of us being in in January - just hoping that it will be February. That said when we looked through our windows on Saturday there had been some progress - we think. That has to be a good sign.

Let us know how you get on when they call you to say that the snags have been done. Would love to know how long it really takes. Thanks. S.

Hi,

We are due to return to check our snags and do the electricity snag this Saturday - so fingers crossed we can go through with it, ie. no torrents of rain, hurricanes etc.

G

Hi,

We are due to return to check our snags and do the electricity snag this Saturday - so fingers crossed we can go through with it, ie. no torrents of rain, hurricanes etc.

G

Hi Geraldine Carro,

How did you get on on Saturday?

I'd also love to hear how you got on. We are due to check ours on either Wednesday or Friday this week. Really hoping it will all go smoothly :-)

Hi guys,

No...we were a bit miffed on Friday as we had been told previously that the ESB had made the block live and installed the metres only to be told on Fri that the ESB had not completed their work on our unit and we could not check our snags. They have had too many call-outs due to the storms to finish-up our unit. I think the work they have left to complete is only on our unit and the one next door as for some reason there's an isolated problem for those 2 houses only.

My boyf is an architect so tg we're not trying to schedule someone to come snag for us and having to pay late cancellation fees.

On the upside we're nearly there!

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 AshBy

Hi guys - great news that the end is in sight! I was talking to Greg on my snag fixes in the apt block beside you and he said they were finishing your snags off first before they start on the apts by the end of this week.

Just one thing I was wondering when you did your snags, was the pole for opening the attic hatch in your houses? My surveyor said I'd have to buy one myself. But I do remember seeing it in the show houses and would expect (maybe naiively) that it should be part of the deal!

Any sightings or is it another expense I need to add to the list?!!

Thanks!

We got a pole with our welcome pack when we moved into the grove. i didn't put it on our snag as i presumed we'd get one for the park as well.

Hi all,

We were in our house today. Things are looking good. Not all the snags were completed (but we aren't due to check that until Friday), but a lot has been done. The builders were really helpful and answered all my questions - even the silly ones. The gas is being connected tomorrow. I have a feeling we could be in in three weeks. Delighted it is getting moving quickly at long last.

Ashby - I didn't see an atic pole - I'll ask for one when we move in. Also didn't have a shower - thanks for the warning re. that. I'm sure we'll get it when we move in.

Hope you all have successful snag checks. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Just one thing I was wondering when you did your snags, was the pole for opening the attic hatch in your houses? My surveyor said I'd have to buy one myself. But I do remember seeing it in the show houses and would expect (maybe naiively) that it should be part of the deal!

Any sightings or is it another expense I need to add to the list?!!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Im in the court and got a pole, it was hiden in the hot press but my neighbours didnt (they never thought of it at the time) - so id ask for one! Best of luck with everything :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

when everything was finalised for us moving into the Park
    They gave us the keys, a shower head and the pole!

We checked our snag list today. Good news - there are only a few small things left to be done. It's definitely starting to move quickly. I think we'll all be in before we know it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 AshBy

Neets, SSO, LMC & Dubsgirl - Thanks a mill for the update on the pole! I can reallocate that expense to a few well deserved cappacinos breaks from the cleaning and unpacking when I eventually get to move in!! ;)

Best of luck Neets & SSO with the remaining snags & move!

AshBy

Hey guys,

How are you getting on with your snags? Anyone moved in yet? We were told yesterday by Dermot that the house 'just needed a bit of plumbing done, a lick of paint and a bit of a tidy'. I'm taking that with a large shovel of salt!

When you went to check your house after the first snag, was much of it done or are you having to do a lot of rechecks? I'm dying to get in and the thought of it dragging out after the first snag is killing me!

I know exactly what you mean Neets. We still had two pages of things to be done when we went back to check. (But we had 7 to start with so they had done loads). The things that are left are mostly paint touch ups to be honest which will apparantly only take a day or two. I'm waiting to hear back from Greg to get a clearer idea. I'm driving everyone I know crazy at the moment with constant "how long do you think it'll take?" questions.

Other than that - does anyone know what we need to do about ESB, Gas, phone, NTL, etc?

Thanks
    SSO

as far as i can remember from the grove, electricity was switched over to us by the builders. we just had to notify them of our move in date. i think it was the same with gas. you need to contact ntl and organise a day for them to come out and install the box. the connection should already be in place. our phone connection was in place too. you need to contact them to connect you and give you your new number. might be worth giving ntl a buzz to get them on the case as it took them a while to get everything set up and live in our phase. fuzzy rte is no joke for a month!!!

I put a call into Greg today also. We are going in next Tuesday to do our second snag. Our first one was 12 pages... so I am really hoping that most of it is done.

I also asked about completion once we are happy with the snag and was told it can take anything from 2 to 5 working days. Which means we could have keys within 2 weeks! How are people finding their second snag list?

Thanks

very excited - we are getting our keys tomorrow!!!!! We asked our solicitor to start things off last Friday, he got the mortgage cheque today and has an appointment to close tomorrow afternoon. We can go to the site office and pick up keys any time after that. I was there today and most things in the house are done - others will be finished in the morning (they are just tiny - as Greg said less than an hours work!!!). Planning to do the big move on the 10th so that we can get carpet, etc. first! I'll let you know tomorrow evening if we actually get the keys but it's looking good! Some people have already got their keys.

I also asked about the land-scaping. Trees are arriving tomorrow, the tar mac will be re-done in 2 weeks. They have to do a final check on all the pipes, etc. first.

For those of you waiting for final bits and pieces the good news is they expect to be off site in 3 weeks!

Congratulations sso. Delighted to hear all going so quickly for you.

That has cheered me up no end... at least it is looking like the end is in sight for the rest of us nearly!

• Advertisement

That's great news SSO - I'm delighted for you. The end is in sight for us all.
    We are due to check our snags on Saturday - hopefully all will go smoothly.

G

Advertisement