Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snags for back row of houses in Charlesland Park

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

SSO, Excellent news - Welcome to Charlesland

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

Yippee! Excellent news. We were at the house this morning and nearly all is done except for levelling of floors downstairs. Second snag on Tuesday and then solicitors here we come!!!!! The grass is growing already in the back garden. I can almost smell it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

fantastic news - sounds like we can put the bubbles in the fridge so!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

Thank you all for the congratulations. We got the keys. It was all incredibly easy. Our solicotor rang us to say the sale was through. We got in the car and went down to collect the keys (and for those of you concerned we also got the welcome to Charlesland atic pole). The floor was being levelled as we arrived which was the very last job. They had done what they said they would do before today. We took a bit of a chance but I think it has paid off. So now we get busy - but finallyi n our own time. It was incredible to go down this evening and just unlock the door. :-) Good luck all of you with your closing and moving. Looking forward to finally meeting you all in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 AshBy

SSO - Congrats on getting the keys! Good luck with organising all the bits and the move on the 10th!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Geraldine Carro

Hi Guys,

We went to check our snags on Saturday and were pleasantly surprised at progress - there are really only a few superficial improvements to be made and we'll be ready to close. The guy a few doors down has already moved in. They were washing the road down to get it ready for tarmac and finishing the front landscaping.

G

Hi guys,

Anyone else waiting to move into back row in Charlesland Park? What advice have you been given re. closing and how long this will take? Are they quick to implement snags?

G

Hi Geraldine,

We had our 2nd snag this morning. Our snag man advised us to give them 24 hours to complete the list (it was 95% there). So I am going to go back tomorrow afternoon and see how progress is, and providing we are satisfied we are closing on Thursday. It is totally up to you but I think once they know what needs doing they are very good in turning it around fairly quickly. Greg has been very helpful.

hey cuddydale,

i think we might have the same snag man. he was out with us yesterday morning too and said he had to check another three bed a few doors down when he was finished with us!

he also told us to give them 24 hours to complete the list. the only thing i'm concerned about is that there are a couple of major snags: window panes to be changed, 2 damaged radiators that need to be changed, the floors downstairs to be levelled and the individual taps in the kitchen to be changed to a single mixer. Despite being on the first list they still aren't done. we were going to trust them that they'd complete these snags and just go ahead and close - but now i'm not so sure. did anyone have major snags that weren't fixed? i really don't fancy having to do 2 or 3 further checks.

Hi Neets,

How's it going?

We also need to have some glass panels replaced. Seemingly it is on order and won't be here for a couple of weeks as per Greg. He told us once it arrives it will be replaced. Yesterday we had lots of paint touch ups and straighting of radiators/sockets and a part for the heating needed to be replaced. All the painting was done plus the heating but the rads and sockets weren't so I told them I wanted them done by tomorrow.... i think you just have to keep reminding them and eventually it will be sorted. Just keep on their backs!

I was happy enough today to go ahead and close in the morning. :) This last bit has been very quick and easy considering!

Good luck and I hope you manage to close very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MrsJ

Neets, I wouldn't worry about it too much, we have closed the sale of our house, even though they still need to replace our back door. Greg has been very good about keeping us posted as to when this will happen and there were other bits as well that had to be done before we closed that have since been actioned quite quickly after closing. Also I would advise you to email Orla and cc your solicitor, outlining what still needs to be done, if you go ahead and close before they complete your snag - cover all angles by having it in writing, you know yourself.

we've decided to hell with it, we're going to close! was out yesterday checking final snags and there were only 7 or 8 things to do. we're going to bite the bullet and trust that the outstanding stuff is done over the next week or two. so we're closing on monday!!! am really excited now. the radiators were on when i arrived and the house was toasty.

when are the rest of you moving in?

That's great news - Congrats Neets.

If anyone is worried about closing without everything completed, my solicitor was telling me yesterday about the possibility of getting a signed Undertaking which is signed between her and Durkans solicitors which is a promise to complete x,y,z within a given timeframe - so you could close without any worries with this in place. From what everyone is saying though Greg has been true to his word.

We are closing next week and should get our keys by Friday next!

G

Delighted to hear everyone is finally getting there with closing. We closed yesterday. Going to get all the floors sorted out first before we move so hope to be in in about 2/3 weeks. Seemingly there are quiet a few people already in! Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

It looks like we'll all be in soon. We've moved and it's great. The journey to work is better than I'd expected and the building work is really nearly finished. Amazed how quickly it feels like home. They were laying soil behind the wall this morning. Not sure what that is about but I am hoping that it means that they will be making the dirt heap look nicer. Even if it had some grass it would be MUCH better.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon

Advertisement