Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit of general help pls

Options
  • 23-11-2006 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Been quite awhile since I last lived in Ireland (just a few miles south of Cork) and plan to move back in the next 3-6 months and am looking for some info on Cork please. Should explain I am Swedish and live in the UK, but moving back to Ireland this time will include my wife and child too, so I'm a bit out of touch as to what is what in Cork these days.

What areas should I be looking for when getting a flat in "Cork"?

What areas should I stay away from?

I have an adsl 4mbit connection with unlimited download for ~£25 a month and wonder if there's anything close to this in Cork (solid/good speed and if not unlimited, then at least 30 gig download a month) ?

What "good" secondary schools are there in Cork (and bad) ?

A lot is unknown at this point and I am sorry having to have asked these general questions, but I have been unable to pick up this info via the net so far and thought perhaps it was time to just check here instead.

TY in advance!!!

SoundProof

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Dunno about the schools and stuff .. Anything southside is ok i guess :)

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/broadbandfeatures.php

3MB down 256K up .. No Cap :) man .. i've downloaded like 100gb in a month ... of eh .. Linux ISO's

I've had it for about 5 months now, was cut off for about 2 weeks but at 35 euro / month inc line rental is the cheapest and best broadband there is in the country. Consistantly get 324kbps off usenet ;)

Be prepeared to wait a while for the install though, took 3 weeks for mine .. Mainly eircoms fault though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

craichoe wrote:
    Anything southside is ok i guess :)

Even Togher?? Or am I just being a prejudiced little git?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Well.. being general,

Stay away from Mayfield, Knocknaheeny, Churchfield, Popes Hill, Blackpool.

Togher is a dump alrite though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 SoundProof

craichoe wrote:
    Well.. being general,

Stay away from Mayfield, Knocknaheeny, Churchfield, Popes Hill, Blackpool.

Togher is a dump alrite though :)

How about Blackrock? (or right around it??)

ty

Advertisement