Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fixed Speeding Camera Question

Options
  • 23-11-2006 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks
    Need some opinions and and advice for a friend

He called me this morning, he said he was on the M50 heading southbound @ 5.30am this morning, about 10 minutes before the toll booth
    He went by one of those fixed speeding cameras (he reckoned he was doing 85mph).
    It flashed a couple of times so i presume he is caught
    He said to me that a garda friend mentioned to him in the past that most of the time there aint any film in the camera, i presume if it flashed he is done for speeding ?
    He then said to me that these camera scannot pick up the car details in the dark but the M50 was slightly lit
    What can i tell him...get his cheque book out to pay the fine and collect his penalty points ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

He'll just have to wait and see. If theres film in it he'll be done. The reason for the flash is to light up the car for the picture, not to give the driver an indication of his speed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I passed a few that flashed a couple of years ago and I am still waiting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

andrew1977 wrote:
    It flashed a couple of times...

...He then said to me that these camera scannot pick up the car details in the dark but the M50 was slightly lit

WTF is the FLASH for other than to light the target in dimly lit/dark conditions.

Do you have or have you ever seen a normal camera work in the dark? Did the picture come out or was it all black?

What the saving grace may be is that there is no film in the camera.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I passed a few that flashed a couple of years ago and I am still waiting! :)

Me too.... I still get nervous every day when I check the post!

Advertisement