Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cable

Options
  • 23-11-2006 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am nearling the finish of a self build and will be working on my footpath next week. I have run a duct for my phone line but don't have the cable run through it yet. Does Eircom provide the cable from the pole to the house or do I need to get this and put it in and they just connect it?

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi Lastbuilders,

Run a rope through your duct now so Eircom can then pull their line through when they come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭secman

Hope you used the Eircom ducting, its a blue ducting, we picked ours up in the eircom depot in Arklow, build is in North Wexford.

Ran the ducting to the edge of site , to a spot where it would be logical to place a pole, having looked at the zig zig pattern of the poles down the road. But we have plenty of slack on the ducting just in case.
    We also tied a plastic bottle at the end of the ducting so that the twine cannot be pulled back down the ducting.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

Hi,
    I have the ducting run to an existing pole with the rope pulled through but I am not sure if I need too buy the cable and run it or leave it for eirocm to run it.
    Lastbuilders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

As wobs said, the rope through the duct will suffice.
    Eircom themselves will supply the cable for installation..

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

secman wrote:
    Hope you used the Eircom ducting, its a blue ducting, we picked ours up in the eircom depot in Arklow, build is in North Wexford.

hi, don't tell me eircom will only use their own ducting:eek:

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Advertisement
Advertisement