Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooled memory from OCz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

looks very very nice, id like to see it in a 680i board, i rekon they would work very well together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nice if you have a water-chiller but otherwise I cant see it doing anything better than what a slow 120mil fan can do. I remember some amazing oc's were got on Bh-5 under Ln2. But that **** loved the volts and ran amazingly hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dosent look to good. 1150mhz ram is nice, But i cant see this being very effective. Heatspreaders do a nice enough job as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Corsair already have a dedicated fan attachment for their memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

krazy_8s wrote:
    Nice if you have a water-chiller but otherwise I cant see it doing anything better than what a slow 120mil fan can do. I remember some amazing oc's were got on Bh-5 under Ln2. But that **** loved the volts and ran amazingly hot.

This post went so far over my head its not even funny.....:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

BH-5 = A type of memory chip used in a lot of extremly fast and overclockable ram
    Ln2 = Liquid nitrogen
    120 mil fan = 120 millimeter fan
    Water chiller = System for a water-cooling loop which will chill the water below ambient temperatures.
    OC = Overclock
    volts = Amount of voltage that you put into the RAM. more volts = more stability (to a point)

Thanks demon, now it makes sense. As you can probably tell ive never oc'd a thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

pred racer wrote:
    Thanks demon, now it makes sense. As you can probably tell ive never oc'd a thing!

We all have to start somewhere.

Well Ive just gotten an e6700 (just the cpu)from work, and if it goes 'poof' I can get a replacement, so it might be time to start;)

Advertisement