Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power problems?

Options
  • 23-11-2006 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I started getting this message when Windows starts, once about a week ago but now I'm getting it more and more frequently.

What could be going on here? I didn't notice any loss in performace because most of my games are old and don't push the card anyway but is this a sign that there's something serious developing?

What are the best tools for checking the health of my power supply.

EDIT: The attachment didn't work so I reposted the message and stuff in a newer post below.

Edit Again: Forgot to add, PSU is a Seasonic S12 430W model, the rest of the build is in my sig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

What does the message say?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

SeanW wrote:
    Hi guys.

I started getting this message in my head when it starts, once about a week ago but now I'm getting it more and more frequently.

What could be going on here? I didn't notice any loss in performace because most of the bedroom games are old and don't push the "card" anyway but is this a sign that there's something serious developing?

What are the best tools for checking the health of my "power supply".

Is it just me or do I have a dirty mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

lol @ krazy haha after reading it back to my self..its funny.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭SeanW

sorry, forgot to attach a pic of the message. thought I had.

It says "The NVIDIA system sentinal is reporting that the NVIDIA powered graphics card is not recieving sufficient power."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

SeanW wrote:

It says "The NVIDIA system sentinal is reporting that the NVIDIA powered graphics card is not recieving sufficient power."

What PSU do you have?

Brand,model, wattage etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

SeanW wrote:

lol... :D if this is the problem I think it is you deserve a n00b stamp on the forehead

Can you open up your PC for me and you know the 6pin PCIx power connector that goes into the back of your graphics card, can you check that that is ACTUALLY plugged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭SeanW

Seasonic S12 430W

The rest of the build's details are in my sig.

Yes its ACTUALLY plugged in, lol, I built this several months ago and this only started happening, in the last week. - and even then only intermittently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

But is everything else plugged in okay? Motherboard, optical drives, ect?

I had a Seasonic S-12 600W, where the 9V rail started failing. One of the molex cables for my DVD drive was a little loose. I plugged it back in again, and the 9V rail gave me full power again.

Usually in the BIOS you can check out what voltages the rails are running at. As far as I know, a 12V rail should output 12V, give or take half a volt. Same for the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i think its an issue with nvidia drivers, i had the same issue, i used driver cleaner and removed all nividia graphics drivers and reinstalled the latest forceware and that fixed it. there is a hack to disable the nvidia sentinal aswell, cant remember what it is though, a quick google im sure would bring it up

Advertisement