Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pro bono Web design for a charity

Options
  • 23-11-2006 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

A charity I'm working for (no prizes for guessing!) has a web site that as you'll see looks quite staid and dated.

We don't have anyone working for us that is able to redesign the site, but we're able to manage simple enough content updating and that's as far as we've gotten.

Would anyone be willing to help us out with a redesign over the next few months. In short, we're happy enough with the content, it's just that the site is butt ugly. We have a wish list of some major changes as well, but it would all depend on how much time you kind folk would be able to donate.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

edanto wrote:
    A charity I'm working for (no prizes for guessing!) has a web site that as you'll see looks quite staid and dated.

i'm just going to look into my crystal ball and ,......yup it does look quite staid and dated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

It's not pretty.

www.suas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

What about one of the Content Managment Systems? Joomla/Mambo/phpNuke? They are fairly easy to setup and to customise. Also very easy to update.

If you are able to manage simple content updates on the current site, you should be able to manage one of these.

Just my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dontaskme

would like to help but I'm more anti-Bono myself.

dbfarrell wrote:
    What about one of the Content Managment Systems? Joomla/Mambo/phpNuke? They are fairly easy to setup and to customise. Also very easy to update.

I'd never heard of them. Thanks very much for the tip, I'll look into them all. They could be perfect for future updates! We still need some style though!

Thanks to the people that PM'd as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

edanto wrote:
    I'd never heard of them. Thanks very much for the tip, I'll look into them all. They could be perfect for future updates! We still need some style though!

Thanks to the people that PM'd as well.
    So did the PM's result in you finding what you were looking for?

OT: I like the pic in your sig, it makes me feel homesick though! I can't figure out exactly where it's taken from though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I will do whatever I can to help you. Just let me know.

Mirror, I'm not sure yet if we have all of the help that we need. I'm grateful to the people that have offered their help and have been in touch with them all.

As it stands though, I'm not sure if any of them are very experienced, but perhaps the Guru is. Hopefully, we'll have someone experienced to help us scope the project, make our ambitions more realistic, and divide up the tasks between all of those generous enough to offer their time.

We'll co-ordinate things through our private forum, any more offers of help on thread or by PM would be gratefully received.

ps The photo is taken from my home in Ringsend! For me, those towers are kindof pure Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

edanto, please PM me your requirements. I may be able to help.

Advertisement