Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bipod

Options
  • 23-11-2006 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hello all,

Just got my new Marlin 22 Magnum. Lovely bit of craftsmanship I must say!
    Looking to purchase a bipod for myself. Lad in the shop was looking for 120 for a Harris tilt and swivel. I know notin at all about them to be honest. Many different types for offer on eBay for a lot less. Can someone recommend one to me...
    Any else using the same rifle?
    Its in great condition with a Simmons 3x9x40 scope. What value would ye reckon is on it? Think i payed a bit over the odds for it...
    Thanks lads,

Nigel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Ya won't get much better than a Harris and the money is about right.
    dunno about the Rifle but that Simmons is 125 new. Is that o/u a Yildiz?

Hezz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Porter_Hound

No, its a Sarriugarte...
    Father won it a few years back at a clay shoot, passed it onto me then when he got to old and lazy to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

300-350 for the guy is what id be expecting to pay

You can buy rockwell (harris copies) from ebay for cheaper which are still pretty good quaility and perfect for the ranges of a rimfire expect to pay 70 for them on ebay or 40-50 for the non tilt/swivel models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Buy a Harris, they're the real deal, buy a Rockwell or other copy and you'll only go and spend more money later on on a Harris. I'm getting a 9-13 non swivel no notch delivered from Scotland for 90 euro from here. Calculate the money exchange rate here. Ebay is also a good source, just ask lots of questions and make sure you're getting what it is you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

what is the diff between swivil and non

• Advertisement

one swivels;)

The gun swivels horizontally on the bipod so you can take shots to the left and right

tilt means its tilts vertically to adjust for rough terrain

-=edit=-
    folks just back from the usa and brought be back this http://bipodshootingsticks.com/index.htm havent used them in the field but they look very good and are well made seem to be able to hold it perfect in standing position will try them out in the field which will be a totally dif story but so far so good

Interesting product, looking forward to your report...

Was out with it today and am ver impressed i dont think it'd suit everyone but what its very useful for is rabbit shooting with a rimfire where you need to take standing shots quickly it really steady's up the whole gun or for a quick kneeling sitting shot.

It provides a very good rest however i wouldnt use it over a standard bipod for longer range stuff but think for rimfire shooting its brilliant

Edit just found a pick to make it clearer this is what i found the most useful position

standingbig.jpg

sounds just like the thing i need.
    if you are looking for a new home for it give me a bell!

It works pretty much for everything but for out hunting where you need to use the velco strap its not very convienient however for kneeling shots i find its just as easy to stick your foot against one leg and its perfect then

Posted pics in CZ 452 pics thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

johngalway wrote:
    Buy a Harris, they're the real deal, buy a Rockwell or other copy and you'll only go and spend more money later on on a Harris. I'm getting a 9-13 non swivel no notch delivered from Scotland for 90 euro from here. Calculate the money exchange rate here. Ebay is also a good source, just ask lots of questions and make sure you're getting what it is you want :)

I have to agree, I have a Harris 9"-13" for my .223 & .22lr (not that the .22lr needs one) they do the job. I paid €115 each for them in Cork.... Nice rifle btw....

TJ911...

Advertisement