Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Multi Room Digital Music

• 23-11-2006 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I have a large collection of music on my pc around 1000 albums, I am looking into Multi Room Digital systems, so far the best one I can see is Sonos but its pretty pricey, does anyone know a system which could accommodate me and which isn’t so dear, I would like to have my pc in my kitchen and then be able to play music in the living room, garden and bedroom
    If anyone knew someplace i could get Sonos cheaper i would appreciate it as well
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

p1976 wrote:
    I have a large collection of music on my pc around 1000 albums, I am looking into Multi Room Digital systems, so far the best one I can see is Sonos but its pretty pricey, does anyone know a system which could accommodate me and which isn’t so dear, I would like to have my pc in my kitchen and then be able to play music in the living room, garden and bedroom
    If anyone knew someplace i could get Sonos cheaper i would appreciate it as well
    Thanks

This question come up time and time again. A suggestion is to use the Apple Airport with AirTunes. I haven't used it but it should work and won't cost the Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mac128

You could also look at the Roku Soundbridge which will connect to your stereo (analogue and digital) has a display and a remote. It uses the network streaming options of iTunes and others. All you need is a wireless network or wired network if you prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The iTunes idea is pretty good.

Yamaha had a musicast system, last time I looked, it was pretty dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Squeezebox:

http://slimdevices.com/

The server software is free and open-source.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

check out the sonos system as well

http://www.sonos.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

He already has checked it out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

that's what i get for answering threads before i have my coffee...i knew staying in bed this morning was a better idea than getting up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Sonos does rock, in fairness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

May be also worth considering.

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=317056

Advertisement